Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: More money for doing OT and development?

  1. #21
    Platinum Member itsallgrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,339
    It honestly sounds like you would be doing the work of a support aide. And it sounds like this child needs a full time support worker.
    However, that's not your job. Your job is general care for all the children in your daycare. This might ruffle feathers, but , I would reconsider doing this as it will impact your staff and the other children ( one staff to four, instead of 2 to 5 ratio).

  2. #22
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,162
    Keep in mind, if you're in occupational therapy mode when you're not a licensed occupational therapist, you are liable should this child's care go awry. Think about your legal repercussions.

  3. #23
    Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,557
    Do you have insurance for special needs kids? How will this impact your business financially, eg training, extra hours to learn how to care for the child, changes in insurance and staff?

  4. #24
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,799
    Gender
    Female
    I have daycare insurance that I pay $1000 a year for. The agent didnít ask specifically about special needs children. They are more concerned with pools, dogs ,highways that kind of thing. Whether a child has had an accident in your home if youíve been charged with child abuse ... etc.
    Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    Do you have insurance for special needs kids? How will this impact your business financially, eg training, extra hours to learn how to care for the child, changes in insurance and staff?

  5.  

  6. #25
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,799
    Gender
    Female
    It wonít be totally up to me. There will be a team of people responsible for her care . I have daycare insurance.
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Keep in mind, if you're in occupational therapy mode when you're not a licensed occupational therapist, you are liable should this child's care go awry. Think about your legal repercussions.

  7. #26
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,799
    Gender
    Female
    True, it would be a change for everyone. Ratio for unlicensed is 5:1 . Five kids to one caregiver .
    Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    It honestly sounds like you would be doing the work of a support aide. And it sounds like this child needs a full time support worker.
    However, that's not your job. Your job is general care for all the children in your daycare. This might ruffle feathers, but , I would reconsider doing this as it will impact your staff and the other children ( one staff to four, instead of 2 to 5 ratio).

  8. #27
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,162
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    It wonít be totally up to me. There will be a team of people responsible for her care . I have daycare insurance.
    Find out what the going rate for special circumstances are. Have competitive, fair prices and you should be ok.

  9. #28
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,041
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    We actually donít want them doing anything for her she hast to learn to do things herself . The only independent skills she has are crawling which sheís only learned in the past two months and feeding her self the more they do for her the less sheís going to learn . If they left her alone that would be great .
    That would be tough. Little kids show concern for one another and to get them to not interact with her will be tough unless they are all babies

  10. #29
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    52
    Posts
    36,799
    Gender
    Female
    They do interact with her I just donít want them running toys to her or babying her because her mom already babys the snot out of her. She is a toddler and she treats her like a fragile newborn. The fact is this child is so behind the developmental worker who has been doing this for 30 years said it is tragic how behind she is. I knew that already but mom is in severe denial until other people were on her case. And she had to give written consent for me to take her to the developmental worker.

    Interacting is fine doing things for her , no. But it takes a long time to teach kids that nuance .
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    That would be tough. Little kids show concern for one another and to get them to not interact with her will be tough unless they are all babies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •