LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Say hello to Baby David Villa

Say hello to Baby David Villa

Named after one of my favorite Spanish players.

We're very fortunate to have a backyard in our New York apartment. My wife got a new job in the Midwest that we're relocating for, so after helping her settle in, I came back to NYC to get everything wrapped up for the move and to redeem as much of the security deposit as possible. We'd previously had a stray cat I'd occasionally put food out for hoping she'd come by often enough to keep to be a nice buffer between the apartment and critters outside. Upon returning to the apartment last month, I was shocked to see this little girl tailing her mama as she came out from the brush.

She's getting fed well, and I just took her in today to get treated and vaccinated. Fortunately, she was negative for both FeLV and FIV. A big tomcat started coming around, and given the kitten isn't weaned yet, I was worried he might go after her. Now I've got both the mama and the kitten cozy in the sunroom. Got an appointment to get the mama spayed, and I'll release her again into the backyard. She's definitely too old and feral to become a house cat. The wife half-seriously says the kitten has to stay in the city. She knows who she married, though. I'm fine sleeping in the doghouse for a bit. Kitten's gonna make a great lil' barn cat.

awww....white with blue eyes. We had a cat that was all white with a dark spot on top of her head....and bright blue eyes. Maybe she/he can sleep in the doghouse with you!!

Love this!

My cat, who recently went to play in the kitty amusement park in the clouds after 18 years by my side, approached me many moons ago in the feral wilds known as Brooklyn. Her flirtation was not without an agenda, as she'd met a tomcat or two in the streets and needed a safe shelter for her litter. I provided that, until the kiddos were weaned, and always liked thinking about the lives those kids went on to live and are maybe still living. Who knows? Maybe one or two found their way to a barn in the heartland.

Feels like kismet, even if you take some flack from the wife. A great token from a past life to hang with y'all as you get settled in the new one.

Adorable . .

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Awwwwwww🥰

j.man, You're doing the right thing. My mother takes care of stray cats, spays them and they come back for dinner every night. Two of them sleep in her garage where she has a large cat bed set up for them. She also has an indoor cat and one of the outdoor cats ventures indoors sometimes. I like animal lovers!

You have a good heart, j.man.

Don't forget the catnip 😋

Well done, J-man!

Too cute! Thank you for taking in the little one! <3

Platinum Member
    Why not take Momma to be a barn cat if she is feral? Package deal. you don't know if the next person who moves into your apartment will be nice to her. I know i am a bad influence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice