Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: I'm hurting

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    I don't have a real home
    Posts
    107
    I'm sorry but I don't know for sure right now. Right now I feel overwhelmed. If I was doing nothing productive with myself, then I would understand trying new hobbies or other things. But I get up and I work and try to better myself. I do things to move forward, but I'm sorry because right now living hurts to the point where I don't want to anymore. But I am. I am doing so despite the hurt.

    I'm sorry if I sound defensive. I don't mean to be. I appreciate you reaching out. But I don't feel okay and right now I don't think I ever will. Maybe I just have to learn to live with all this hurt. Just get used to it.

  2. #32
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    832
    Hi dear saku. No need to apologise, OK? We cannot help how we feel; we're human. Have you ever felt this way before? If so, what did you to to get out of this state of mind? I just wish I could be physically there to talk to you. Do you feel comfortable to talk to a priest? Please continue to talk to us. I'm very concerned for you. I don't want you to feel like this. You do matter. NEVER forget that, OK? Talk soon. Hugs xx

  3. #33
    Platinum Member Carus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    I Can See The Sun!
    Posts
    2,483
    Gender
    Male
    It's ok saku* ~ All you have to do right now is breathe....

    Do what you can to get through the next day....If that feels too overwhelming, the next hour...If that is overwhelming, the next 5 mins...etc....

    By 'getting used to it' that is ok. That means you are also becoming more resilient to it....until it starts to lift....

    I suggest trying to go for short walks every day too if you can....

    Hang in there buddy.

    Carus*

  4. #34
    Platinum Member SherrySher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,860
    I agree with goddess and Carus, no need to apologize.

    I'm only trying to give suggestions, however, it might be too early for that.

    Just concentrate on getting through one day at a time.

    We're here to talk and to help in whatever way we can.

  5.  

  6. #35
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    832
    Thinking of you...

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    I don't have a real home
    Posts
    107
    Originally Posted by goddess
    Hi dear saku. No need to apologise, OK? We cannot help how we feel; we're human. Have you ever felt this way before? If so, what did you to to get out of this state of mind? I just wish I could be physically there to talk to you. Do you feel comfortable to talk to a priest? Please continue to talk to us. I'm very concerned for you. I don't want you to feel like this. You do matter. NEVER forget that, OK? Talk soon. Hugs xx
    I may have already said this but there are several issues going on involving certain people in my life, but the main theme is communication. It feels like I'm supposed to live my life on everyone else's terms. Like one person wants me to take everything they say at face value, but the problem with that is that she often contradicts herself. As far as talking to someone, right now, I have someone who I have been emailing to and to my relief they at least understand why I feel hopeless and confused. Her husband is a pastor and she shared how he has struggles with feelings of hopelessness. It's kind of reassuring. I'm trying to work on responding to her, but I'm having a hard time with finding the words. This has been a struggle as of late.....trying to explain how I feel that is.

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    I don't have a real home
    Posts
    107
    Originally Posted by Carus
    It's ok saku* ~ All you have to do right now is breathe....

    Do what you can to get through the next day....If that feels too overwhelming, the next hour...If that is overwhelming, the next 5 mins...etc....

    By 'getting used to it' that is ok. That means you are also becoming more resilient to it....until it starts to lift....

    I suggest trying to go for short walks every day too if you can....

    Hang in there buddy.

    Carus*



    I don't have a car...this is embarrassing but I have a fear of driving, but I am trying to overcome it. But I bring that up because I do tend to walk often. I find walking to be nice, but the problem is that when I am hurting emotionally, it starts to affect me physically. I'm going to try to go to the movies today and if I do, then I will more than likely walk home. I am going to try to avoid dealing with walking through the downtown in my area as I just can't stand how crowded it can be on the weekends. I'm hurting, but I am trying to give myself a chance to enjoy myself a little today.

  9. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    I don't have a real home
    Posts
    107
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I agree with goddess and Carus, no need to apologize.

    I'm only trying to give suggestions, however, it might be too early for that.

    Just concentrate on getting through one day at a time.

    We're here to talk and to help in whatever way we can.
    Yes, thank you. I appreciate you reaching out like this. I will do my best to keep it in mind.

  10. #39
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    832
    Originally Posted by saku
    I may have already said this but there are several issues going on involving certain people in my life, but the main theme is communication. It feels like I'm supposed to live my life on everyone else's terms. Like one person wants me to take everything they say at face value, but the problem with that is that she often contradicts herself. As far as talking to someone, right now, I have someone who I have been emailing to and to my relief they at least understand why I feel hopeless and confused. Her husband is a pastor and she shared how he has struggles with feelings of hopelessness. It's kind of reassuring. I'm trying to work on responding to her, but I'm having a hard time with finding the words. This has been a struggle as of late.....trying to explain how I feel that is.
    What you have to realise (and this is VERY important) is that you are your own person. No one has the right to expect you to live your life on their terms. How dare they even think this?

    There is one quote which I find so true and inspirational:

    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
    ― Bernard M. Baruch


    I just love this phrase and I have subscribed to this philosophy for years, as best as I can.

    And then, of course, there is Oscar Wilde:

    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde


    I hope these quotes give you something to think about, saku.

    I'm very happy to hear that you are corresponding with someone via e-mail. It's clear that you are slowly moving forward and I applaud you for that! Have a very nice time today, and enjoy your movie. Hugs xx

  11. #40
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    832
    Originally Posted by saku
    I don't have a car...this is embarrassing but I have a fear of driving, but I am trying to overcome it. But I bring that up because I do tend to walk often. I find walking to be nice, but the problem is that when I am hurting emotionally, it starts to affect me physically. I'm going to try to go to the movies today and if I do, then I will more than likely walk home. I am going to try to avoid dealing with walking through the downtown in my area as I just can't stand how crowded it can be on the weekends. I'm hurting, but I am trying to give myself a chance to enjoy myself a little today.
    No need to feel embarrassed by this. I think I can safely say that nearly every single person on this planet has a fear of something, whether it's physical or emotional. BTW, I don't much care for crowds either, especially when I visit NYC around Christmas time - LOL!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •