Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm hurting

Originally Posted by Carus
    As a counselor myself yes, shop around buddy*

Waking up in pain every day sux but I sense strength in you yet young Padawan*
    Right now, I'm not sure about counseling. I just feel really jaded by the mental health system. Thank you for sharing the videos.

Originally Posted by goddess
    You should seek the advice of another counselor. Not every counselor is suited for every individual.
    I may do that. But right now, I am not sure. I don't go into a session with a counselor expecting them to have all the answers, but I hate feeling as though I have to be careful with my words or deal with someone being dismissive or insensitive.

I understand where you're coming from. I agree too that the mental health system in some places is not always adequate.

On the other hand, if you find the right counselor, it can make a world of difference. You, unfortunately, have to go through a few before you find one that works well with you.
    But please don't give up.

Keep trying to do whatever you can until you find something that helps eases the pain back down and you can move on with your life.

Getting back to nature, meditation, writing, music, going for long walks. Whatever it is that helps get some of that pain out of you and brings you more peace.
    I hope you're okay.

Gold Member
    I totally understand but, if a therapist conducts their session in a dismissive or insensitive manner, then they should get out of that profession. Period. It's not in their place to be so unprofessional. I wish you the best in finding someone who is caring, compassionate and professional. In the meantime, do as Carus suggests. If I may suggest, try to focus on all the good that you have, such as your health. Really. I also hope that you feel better. Please hang in there. I'm rooting for you, saku! Sending you hugs. xx

I'm doing my best to be okay. I'm still hurting. I'm trying to write a letter to someone. It's an important letter and I'm trying to write a little at a time because it's a bit draining emotionally. Like, sometimes I feel optimistic writing but other times I feel this sense of dread...like it won't matter what I'm trying to say. Sorry if that didn't make sense.

Thank you. Yeah, I try to look at the good in my life. Like, sometimes it is hard getting through work, but I try to be glad to be working because during some really dark times when I was working, I felt even more hopeless than I do now. And I try to be glad about being sober. Yes, I want to numb this pain, but the one thing I hated when I was drinking was the desperation to drink more. I don't want to feel that way again.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by saku
    I'm doing my best to be okay. I'm still hurting. I'm trying to write a letter to someone. It's an important letter and I'm trying to write a little at a time because it's a bit draining emotionally. Like, sometimes I feel optimistic writing but other times I feel this sense of dread...like it won't matter what I'm trying to say. Sorry if that didn't make sense.
    I think writing a letter is a good idea, saku. I did that about a year ago when my 29 year marriage died. I was in total shock and my world, as I knew it, ceased to exist. It felt surreal. After some of the numbness wore off, I wrote a letter to my ex, a little at a time. Yes, it was emotionally draining but it felt good. I got all my thoughts as to how I felt on paper. I never sent him the letter; never planned to. But, I guess it was my way of getting the "poison" out of my system. I still have a long way before I am healed but I'm not going waste my energy on what happened. It's life and it sucks at times. But, we must pick ourselves up off the ground, brush ourselves off and carry on as best we could. We have to do our best to be strong so that, one day, we will get over the stumbling block and begin our journey towards healing. I am so sorry that you are going through this. Wish I could be of more help. Hugs.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by saku
    Thank you. Yeah, I try to look at the good in my life. Like, sometimes it is hard getting through work, but I try to be glad to be working because during some really dark times when I was working, I felt even more hopeless than I do now. And I try to be glad about being sober. Yes, I want to numb this pain, but the one thing I hated when I was drinking was the desperation to drink more. I don't want to feel that way again.
    "...the one thing I hated when I was drinking was the desperation to drink more. I don't want to feel that way again". See, you are already making progress! You have the power to make this happen. Remember, saku, that we are responsible for our own happiness. Don't let someone or something take that away from you.

I would like to believe this. I want to keep going, but I'm sorry for sounding like a broken record when I say the pain i feel is overwhelming to the point where any good feels meaningless.

I'm very sorry for your marriage ending and the pain that you have had to endure.

What options have you tried that might help you or help the pain you are enduring?

AA? Will you try counselling again? Medication? Meeting new friends? Asking family for more support? Finding new hobbies that might help? Exercising more, even short walks in nature can make a difference.
    Getting a pet?

I'm sorry you're going through this Saku, yes, keep writing, it helps to get some of it out of your system.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice