Originally Posted by missyj002
I went to the bathroom and took a look at myself in mirror and I realized.. I'm crying over someone I never met !!!!! I've only seen him in pics and he's not even my type. What the hell am I doing?! I need medication. I started yellng at myself "THIS ISN'T REAL and it's not LOVE, STOP CRYING" repeatedly.I don't know what's wrong with me... I would go see a therapist if I could afford it. I can't tell my friend back home about it because they wouldn't understand and I'm too embarassed, they would think I'm crazy. I could have any guy I wanted and now I'm crying over soemoene I haven't met. I barely know what he looks like. I'm writing all this with tears in my eyes, I really felt like telling someone about this before I lose it... Please tell me what to do? Should I try to tell my parents ? Their lives are so hard right now I don't wanna add to it. I love them so much.. I don't know what's wrong with me. I wanted to go to church and talk to a priest but the nearest church is 10 miles from here and I can't even afford an Uber there..
I don't necessarily think anything is wrong with you. I am in agreement with others that being lonely and isolated is having a negative affect on you. With limited income, you are going to have to get creative about solutions. But the internet can be your friend.

I think Guy Winch makes a few good points about how powerful loneliness is, and how important it is to address it: