LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does my wife do this?

She sounds immature.

Also sounds like she's PO'd at you about something. How is your relationship in general. Does she make you feel loved and valued mostly with the occasional bout of grade 7 antics? Is she a princess whose daddy always gave her her own way so now when things don't automatically come to her, she throws a tantrum?

Instead of waiting for her to ask for assistance, jump right in and help. Volunteer to look for the remote or help whatever help she needs without your having to say anything. Just do it. Sometimes you don't need to constantly communicate and talk back 'n forth. If you sense that you can assist or help, help right away no matter what it is and no matter where you two are. This is indoors, outdoors, at home, in public, it doesn't matter. Swoop in and help. I do this as does my husband. Pick up the slack. Actions speak louder than words.

Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    Instead of waiting for her to ask for assistance, jump right in and help. Volunteer to look for the remote or help whatever help she needs without your having to say anything. Just do it. Sometimes you don't need to constantly communicate and talk back 'n forth. If you sense that you can assist or help, help right away no matter what it is and no matter where you two are. This is indoors, outdoors, at home, in public, it doesn't matter. Swoop in and help. I do this as does my husband. Pick up the slack. Actions speak louder than words.
    No way. He'll be her puppet for life if he follows your advice. She needs an attitude ajustment at best. Unbeleivable.

I finally learned the perfect response to people who pull this kind of tantrum. I ignore it, pretend that I don't notice it, and carry on as I would without a word said about it. It's on them whether they'll grow up or not, but I'm not going to reward the display with one bit of attention.

Originally Posted by JaggerJim
    No way. He'll be her puppet for life if he follows your advice. She needs an attitude ajustment at best. Unbeleivable.
    Not necessarily. It's a 2-way street. No one should have to ask for help all the time. If there's a need, jump right in and help because it's called being kind and considerate even if it's at a moment's notice. No one is a puppet. My husband and I always pick up the slack for each other. We don't create any drama over this. Just do it and the next time a person needs help, then help. No one should have to beg each other for assistance every time. Attitude adjustment comes from both sides and there needs to be mutual comprehension. If there's arrogance in a marriage or relationship regarding helping one another with everyday common decency and common courtesy, there's definitely a problem. Just use common sense and everything will be fine! Make this a no-brainer as opposed to making it more complicated than it has to be.

... But, where does it say he DIDN'T jump right in? As soon as he figured out what was going on, he jumped right in and found the remote.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    ... But, where does it say he DIDN'T jump right in? As soon as he figured out what was going on, he jumped right in and found the remote.
    Yep. As any child expert warns, jumping through hoops to cater to temper tantrums only rewards them--and encourages more of them. So I'd skip 'jumping' and allow the woman to learn some self sufficiency. She's going to buck that for a while, but, c'mOn, it does her no favors to treat her like helpless baby who can't operate in the world. That's a perfect way to see her in that light and view yourself as trapped to care for a toddler. Not a great future for a marriage--or anyone's happiness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice