Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If a guy backs off to figure things out BEFORE dating??

Well, it depends on what you want. If you want to be just friends, then just be friends. If you want to evolve into a relationship, he's not serious. He's backing out. Cut him loose. Move on.

He dosn't even have you on a hook, yet you continue to wrap yourself up in questions that don't need answering.

He's not figuring anything out, he's not sending you mixed signals, he's actually doing nothing. Do the same, forget him.

You clearly like him more than he likes you. Time to move on and get over him. Don't give him anymore of your self esteem.

Originally Posted by lightorb11
    I do think he thinks he shouldnt/doesnt have to respond all the time, since I'm not his gf, which makes sense but also why respond the last while before that then?? Was he waiting til he 'had me' to bounce??
    Naaah, I doubt it was that contrived. Messaging anyone for longer than a few days without setting an actual date is just fantasy building. It's a waste of time. If someone is interested, he'll show it by asking you out. If he has hang ups, then he's not even dating material, so why bother?

If a guy texts you, respond only long enough to indicate interest, and then either ask him out, or drop off and let him step up to invite you out, or otherwise linger in his own brain farts--those are useless to you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice