LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Chronic coughing from partner

Yes, defo better safe than sorry.

Wow thank you all so much for your comments. You have provided me with so much information that I did not know. It was also interesting to read that some of you have dealt with this yourselves and have gone out to figure out what was the cause. Thank you guys for sharing your stories.
    So I did end up mentioning to him that it ďbothered me.Ē I took the plunge when he asked me how I had slept the night before and I said not that great because of his coughing in the early morning. I mentioned the reasons why it bothered me and how long I had noticed it had been going , while also mentioning my concerns for it and him.
    He responded with ď thereís nothing wrong with me.Ē
    I repeated some of the facts you guys had provided in this post to him, but he kept mentioning he had gone to the doctor before and nothing came back. I kept pushing that he get it looked into because I didnít think it was normal, but I didnít see much of a reaction to that.
    I canít force him to go get it checked out of course.
    He kind of made a joke about the whole thing, and then even said he was NOT going to stop coughing like that. Later he said he was trying to not do it though. I was kind of annoyed of course.
    I have yet to see if he makes an effort to not to do it as I havenít spent time with him since that convo though.
    I always thought it was a tic, but This could be a serious thing though as some of you have mentioned. If he keeps doing this cough, I honestly donít know what else I could say.

Ok, since he's digging his heels him ask him to go home after a date so you can get some sleep and he can cough because he's fine with it. To be honest he sounds quite stubborn and inconsiderate. There is no need to host him as an overnight guest. If he can't do something as simple as ask a pharmacist and dismisses your concerns in a cocky manner maybe it's time to rethink him, not his cough.
    Originally Posted by Npgirl09
    He responded with ď thereís nothing wrong with me.Ē

He kind of made a joke about the whole thing, and then even said he was NOT going to stop coughing like that.

I agree with Wiseman.

You've told him, he's dismissing you. All you can do now is not have him sleep over and ask yourself if you want to stay with someone who doesn't care what you think and is refusing to get help for an obvious, ongoing problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice