Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Would you respond to this or let it go?

Sirhc

Highlighted comment from a co-worker, I don't want to directly insult/attack/etc.. this person.

I know this person is trying to be "funny", but I am annoyed and I feel as though some response is warranted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11589[/ATTACH]

Yes.. it seems this may be the best option.

This person has contributed thoughtless posts in the past that I had to delete.

At one point she even berated me for getting my B.A. "Why'd you bother? College degrees are worthless.."

She seems like a good person.. but then every so often.. something like this comes out.

I agree... too small to read.

However: If she is sending you crap that bothers you enough to take it to a forum board, why don't you just print all the garbage she sends you, show it to her and tell her you don't want anymore of this and if you get anymore, you'll have to bring it to HR?

Sorry about the size..

Text copied below:

"No, he needs to stop cooking that stuff. Ur in San Antonio where the all Mexicans live and eat lmao."

Racist much? Geeze. (or am I misinterpreting her comment because she's like trump and he would say I was?)

Anyway, don't say anything. Just print it all off so you have an accounting of all the garbage she sends. Don't respond to anything she sends you.

Highlighted comment from a co-worker, I don't want to directly insult/attack/etc.. this person.

I know this person is trying to be "funny", but I am annoyed and I feel as though some response is warranted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11589[/ATTACH]

it really depends on what outcome you want. this person is your coworker, so it might be best to stay civil with them. this does not mean that you shouldn’t stand up for yourself though. it might be a good idea to address that the comment rubbed you the wrong way (or just tell them how it made you feel) in hopes that further insult may be avoided. while it is not your job to do anything.. sometimes you need to politely check people for their actions. bringing light to an issue does not always have to end in conflict. I would not ignore it, because that does just as bad as lashing out would (in my opinion).

in short, yeah. check the mf’o

aside from that- I really hope you’re able to look past their ignorance. People are ugly sometimes.

Racist much? Geeze. (or am I misinterpreting her comment because she's like trump and he would say I was?)

Anyway, don't say anything. Just print it all off so you have an accounting of all the garbage she sends. Don't respond to anything she sends you.

Looks like a poor attempt at humor to me, but I wouldn't be offended... although I might delete it because, unfortunately, it has come to the point where one is racist for mentioning someone's ethnic background. And I don't agree with you bashing the president on here TWT.

Archived