Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Ex Boyfriend Messaged me; what now?! (Screenshot)

  1. #11
    Platinum Member DancingFool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wilds of Texas
    Posts
    9,794
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    There's a little fine print blue font thingy at the bottom of the screenshot that says "I don't want to hear from Miguel."
    ^This. Click on that and forget he exists.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    There's a little fine print blue font thingy at the bottom of the screenshot that says "I don't want to hear from Miguel."
    this made me giggle, cause it’s so simple and you’re right. i don’t want to hear from miguel

  3. #13
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,406
    Originally Posted by sullensloth
    this made me giggle, cause it’s so simple and you’re right. i don’t want to hear from miguel
    Good then don’t.

    You describe him as toxic and abusive, words you should not throw around in jest or just because you’re in the off part of your roller coaster, drama for dramas sake, you cheated as well, is that why you described him as abusive or is he actually abusing you? Either way, this is just all bad

    As someone else said, walk away from the hot stove

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Good then don’t.

    You describe him as toxic and abusive, words you should not throw around in jest or just because you’re in the off part of your roller coaster, drama for dramas sake, you cheated as well, is that why you described him as abusive or is he actually abusing you? Either way, this is just all bad

    As someone else said, walk away from the hot stove
    If you had read my past posts and had the intellect to ‘put 2&2 together’ you would understand that I had not, and will not ever, ‘throw around [such terms] in jest’.

    Fair of you to have your opinion on the situation, as I asked for it after all. But do no insinuate that I would use any of this as some sort of cry of attention. ‘Is he actually abusing you?’ Newsflash; toxic and abusive people do not have to act that way all of the time for them to still be that way.

    I feel ridiculous.. because in a sense it almost feels as if I am defending him? No- I am not. Yes he was abusive and toxic towards me, and yes I still am clinging onto the remnants of ‘what could have been’. So I will certainly move on and get help but don’t you ever dare ask anyone that question again.

    Accountability is everything. I get that. But what you just tried to do- I also sort of understand but you just missed it by thaaaat much. Thanks for the sentiment though.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,755
    Gender
    Female
    His grammar and spelling makes me wanna die.

  7. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,755
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Ok... message back "get lost", then block and delete him from all your social media and messaging apps. That's the only way you can pull your self esteem together and stop cycling in this toxic situation.
    She shouldn't reply at all. Just block.

  8. #17
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,149
    Originally Posted by sullensloth
    If you had read my past posts and had the intellect to ‘put 2&2 together’ you would understand that I had not, and will not ever, ‘throw around [such terms] in jest’.

    Fair of you to have your opinion on the situation, as I asked for it after all. But do no insinuate that I would use any of this as some sort of cry of attention. ‘Is he actually abusing you?’ Newsflash; toxic and abusive people do not have to act that way all of the time for them to still be that way.

    I feel ridiculous.. because in a sense it almost feels as if I am defending him? No- I am not. Yes he was abusive and toxic towards me, and yes I still am clinging onto the remnants of ‘what could have been’. So I will certainly move on and get help but don’t you ever dare ask anyone that question again.

    Accountability is everything. I get that. But what you just tried to do- I also sort of understand but you just missed it by thaaaat much. Thanks for the sentiment though.
    But, YOU continue to allow him in your life! This is on you!

  9. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    21
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    But, YOU continue to allow him in your life! This is on you!
    that is correct, I kept allowing him back in. not this time though

  10. #19
    Platinum Member Rose Mosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,075
    Gender
    Female
    I've been there/done that...clinging to the remnants of 'what could have been'. It sucks and it's painful and things move in slow motion. Take one day at a time and don't be afraid to move forwards into the unknown. Everyone means well and are encouraging you to have courage and let go. More adventures await.

  11. #20
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    21,149
    Originally Posted by sullensloth
    that is correct, I kept allowing him back in. not this time though
    Good! Now, block him!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •