Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anxiety about giving oral

Thank you all for the questions, feedback, and advice!

Firstly, I would like to restate if I didn't word it right above but my current boyfriend is not in any way trying to pressure me into anything I'm not comfortable with. He's actually very respectful and understands that I am shy about it. I don't think that he should just not mention it again until I'm ready because then it would probably never happen because of how my anxiety works I tend to have to push myself to get over my anxiety anyway. It's definitely not that I don't want to because I do.

To the person that asked why I made my previous partner cover his face (which I only did like one time and went on to give head a few other times after that)... Reason he let me was because it was a long time friend of mine that we had a FWB situation for a short time and he knows me and my anxiety and he knew if it would make me more comfortable that he'd do it. I continued after he sneakily uncovered but still felt self conscious I guess.

Probably it does boil down mostly to my generalized anxiety. I have anxiety in many areas of my daily life and I often think way too much of what other people think of me and probably this issue does have more to do with probably how I appear. I am currently in counseling for anxiety and have been for several months and I'm making a lot of progress in some areas. I've been avoiding medication but my primary care just recently prescribed Zoloft (which I may go ahead and try). I've been trying to work on ways of overcoming anxiety naturally but maybe it's time for me to try other options for now.

My current relationship is still relatively new. We've been dating a month and a half. So we're still getting to know each other.

As far as sounding inexperienced... I mean as far as blow jobs I would say I'm a bit inexperienced. I've probably given maybe 20 blow jobs in my life between like 2 or 3 people throughout my sexual history. As far as being sexually active I've been having sex for 12 years.

I think I'll just try to continue working on figuring out good ways to have less anxiety before I do try and talk more with my partner about it. I wish I could just magically get rid of my anxiety and just do it. Either way I'm just gonna have to push through and do it and it'll most likely get better over time. I've done that before. It's just kinda like being back to square one with someone new. lol

Wait, youíve only been dating a month and a half.

Be realistic with yourself, you recognize and acknowledge and are working with your issues with anxiety and youíve only been dating for a month, you arenít magical, of course you are feeling this way, just keep working on yourself and if your boyfriend respects you he will understand, be open and honest.

Once you get more comfortable with him, you will likely over come your shyness about doing it. How about next time you are willing to try, YOU put the towel over your head or; have him blindfold himself until you are confident in your skillzzz and not so self conscious about how you appear.

Trust me, he will enjoy the visual so you don't have to worry about how you look or how you're doing. You both appear to have good communication so he can guide you into giving him the best head he will ever get.

Yeah, a month and a half...you are both rushing things.

It's too soon and it's why its not working right.

Take your time OP you guys havenít been together long... the blindfold idea is a good one... or perhaps if itís a matter of him looking at you, you can give him head while he is laying on his back and you could be facing towards his feet so you canít see his face? With the lights off etc?

Originally Posted by Billie28
    Oral sex is not taboo and people have been doing it for thousands of years. Even your grandparents lol
    Thanks for that......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice