Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two weeks of texting and no talk of second date?

Platinum Member
    He's not interested enough to want to date you.

I don't hink taking about celibacy is a good topic for a first date.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem ready or willing to go out more. There are a lot of one-and-done dates, no matter how long they were or how well they went. If he texts, suggest meeting up. If he keeps stalling, move on.

The vibe is super off and weird. Don't waste any more energy or time on this person. I understand you connected and all at the park etc but it shouldn't be this difficult to see someone. Six months is a short time to recoup for some people. Take things in your stride and chalk this up to experience. You seem a bit nervous and out of your league, to be honest with you. If you're a bundle of nerves this early on, try asking yourself why this situation is causing you to feel that way. And those cryptic social media messages...not cool. He seems brain fried.

You may want this to work out but it might not be a good scene for you at all. Listen to your instincts.

Originally Posted by thedancer98
    Meant to say virginity. But he asked my experiences and I told him.
    But did you clarify that you used the wrong word? Because he may now think you intend to remain a virgin forever. As Jimthzz said, celibacy is a lifestyle.

Did he try and sleep with you on the first date? Is that why you told him you were a virgin?

Once you told him that it sounds like he's backed off, and you probably won't be going on a second date. He also told you that he might be too much for you to handle so I think he's done you a favor by keeping away.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by thedancer98
    Yeah I'm a virgin. Told him until I'm in a committed and trusting relationship.
    And should I just stop replying to his texts? Like I sent him a message last night and still nothing. I just want to distance myself.
    Yes, stop all contact. From here it looks like you're not even in the same book, let alone on the same page.

Originally Posted by JaggerJim
    Did he try and sleep with you on the first date? Is that why you told him you were a virgin?

Once you told him that it sounds like he's backed off, and you probably won't be going on a second date. He also told you that he might be too much for you to handle so I think he's done you a favor by keeping away.
    As we made out, he tried to unbutton my pants and I told him no/held on to my belt. His excuse: I want to see how it looks. & I didn't even intend to bring up my virginity. He asked and brought it up. Then asked my past sexual experience. That's all.

Started no contact yesterday. Sent me a pic of him saying he was off of work. Didn't reply cause he most likely sent it to multiples. Mad bc my phone accidentally video chatted him on Snapchat last night. Told him just now it was an accident & left it at that

Platinum Member
    It almost sounds like he was trying for a one night stand unfortunately. Keep your values intact - when you are ready to lose your virginity go for it, but don't let anyone badger you into it. Don't let his behavior bring you down though. You were able to be yourself on the date, and have a good time. One of these days you'll do so with someone who will wait for you to be ready to take the next steps.

He wanted to see how it looks... not nice. That is not a conversation you should be having with a person you don't trust. Good for you for maintaining your stance and I agree with Saluk above. Be true to yourself and wait for the right guy. Get out of this mind space where you're dating people like this also. It's not good for you.

You are old enough to have clear opinions on how you view your body and you should be forming a good idea of what you like and don't like in terms of dates but you may still be shaky or unsure about your limits. Be more selective in your dates and observe people more. You'll learn a lot by observing and doing less. I think you are on the right track. Be careful around people like this and if you don't feel good about anyone or any situation, exit and block/delete. Don't entertain any of this. It's a waste of time, space and energy. Pick better people around you and better things to do. Once you get into the habit of enjoying the company of people who respect you and your choices (and vice versa), you'll start to realize you won't settle for anything less. Also, it's a lot less confusion to look forward to. Onwards and forwards and let go of this person completely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice