Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is saturday the perfect time to ask her out?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Don't do it. Too soon after just two dates. In the meantime, no sex. you can just casually mention "i am not seeing anyone else,...only you.." But after only 2 dates, thats a little fast. But i would not ask her to be your girlfriend yet. I would get to know her some more before getting intimate or asking her to be your girlfriend.
    Eh, whether it's good timing or not depends on whether its good timing for her, and you can't know that just yet. After 7 meetups (not getting into which ones we consider dates and which we dont) in 2 months, personally I think it's enough time to at least bring up the subject.

Originally Posted by saluk
    Eh, whether it's good timing or not depends on whether its good timing for her, and you can't know that just yet. After 7 meetups (not getting into which ones we consider dates and which we dont) in 2 months, personally I think it's enough time to at least bring up the subject.
    Agree! And I also need to add my vote that I think she will appreciate you being assertive and transparent with her.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Gary Snyder
    Exclusive talks are so silly, I never had that with my girlfriends. Normal couples who are sane and in love are naturally exclusive. And you guys have been dating long enough to be in love - you are obviously in love. Let her bring it up if she wants to. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride - you are already there, livin' the dream! Have fun!

At it's core, a relationship is a continuing series of dates.
    Never assume anything. 5 dates is pretty fast and I doubt they're in love. I think you should bring it up to her.

If you havn't slept with her yet, I wouldn't be asking her to be your girlfriend. Get to know her more in all ways first.

If you try to go committed too fast and there are "problems" it's kinda too late to back out. If you just continue to get to know her and it evolves, then ask her to be your girlfriend.

That's what I'd do.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Liv9943

I've always been an anxious person and worry about every little thing, all my mates are telling me the races is the perfect time but like I say I keep doubting myself thinking what if I spoil her day.

I'm not sure how horse racing lends its self to important conversation. Just a curisousity thing, not judging.

Don't ask her for a commitment. Ask her where she is at. What does she think moving forward. This gives her some manouvering. Avoid asking her yes/no questions. Keep it easy and light. If she's not where you are, don't panic, and don't act hurt. Even if you are, just be cool. If she's going to catch up to you, you have to be worth catching up to. That means being calm, strong and in charge of yourself. It may never work out, but if you panic and get needy, I can gurantee in won't work out.

Less is more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice