Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Social media competition?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    You are causing your own issue. Delete and block him. Problem solved.

I know I should. We were engaged and living together for over 12 years. I guess it's just hard because I still hope he will come back.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    And having each other on social media wonít achieve that . Just delete block and live your life . I understand it must be difficult but you are daily kicking yourself in the head.
    Originally Posted by Geminifeed
    I know I should. We were engaged and living together for over 12 years. I guess it's just hard because I still hope he will come back.

By negative things I mean things about previous relationships (I was his only other relationship) and by competition I mean if I take a picture of a flower he will view my story then immediately post something with a flower. If I post a picture of me out with a friend (not male) or family member at dinner he will post a picture of his girlfriend at dinner etc.
    Yes, you said all that already. Just block and delete him. What you don't know won't hurt you. What he can't see, he can't compete against. Make sense?

It confuses me and hurts. I'm not sure if he hates me, or is not happy in his new relationship, or if he is bitter. He insisted on staying friends and staying on social media so it's definitely confusing.
    Iím sure it is confusing and hurtful which is why his insistence can and should be ignored until you are ready to engage with him, which may be never, plenty of exes cut all ties after a breakup.

I realize him insisting on keeping you in his life seems like a bright spot like hope but look how much itís hurting you. Itís not worth it, if he wants you back he can be a grown man and say so, he wouldnít have to play games, if this is some sick twisted game you seriously shouldnít be with him to begin with, he clearly isnít taking your feelings into account if thatís the case.

It confuses me and hurts. I'm not sure if he hates me, or is not happy in his new relationship, or if he is bitter. He insisted on staying friends and staying on social media so it's definitely confusing.
    My guess is this translates to your refusal to let go, (no offense intended). I'm sure it's easier said than done, but it's time to decide what's best for you, while working on your need to move on.

You need to move forward and start dating again. Delete and block him and all his people from all your social media.
    I am very dependent on him to live. He always told me the best thing to do and what was best for me. We literally did everything together except for work. Also I have never spoken to another man in my life except for it being a family member or work/school related so I don't have any dating or friend experience with anyone else.

Platinum Member
    Did you end up moving to Florida?

Not yet I'm still deciding if I want to go there for sure. It's a big move and I'm having a hard time making the decision.

Platinum Member
    Not yet I'm still deciding if I want to go there for sure. It's a big move and I'm having a hard time making the decision.
    If you're putting your life on hold hoping he comes back, please don't.

He wasn't very nice to you. Bringing his girlfriend home to parade her in front of you, insisting you spend time with him even though he was involved with someone else...this is not a guy worth waiting the rest of your life for.

Go have an adventure!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice