Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do stool tests rule out IBD?

Unfortunately people with illness anxiety disorder often do more harm to their physical health because of the disorder. Doctor shopping, self treatment, noncompliance with treatment, google-diagnosing, catastrophizing, subjecting themselves to multiple tests, medications, etc. all make matters worse.

Ok Read up on that. [Register to see the link]
    Originally Posted by Jalapeno1234
    I have TERRIBLE health anxiety and have to confess this entire thing has had me INSANE due to worry

Jalapeno: I ask again. Are you seeing a therapist to help you with your general anxiety? If you are not, I recommend you start therapy to help you to deal with that and I'm thinking that once you do, you'll not have half the 'symptoms' you're currently getting.

So: Are you in therapy to help you with your anxiety? Are you on any meds to help you with that?

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Jalapeno: I ask again. Are you seeing a therapist to help you with your general anxiety? If you are not, I recommend you start therapy to help you to deal with that and I'm thinking that once you do, you'll not have half the 'symptoms' you're currently getting.

So: Are you in therapy to help you with your anxiety? Are you on any meds to help you with that?
    Sorry guys - really do appreciate the help, have read through all the comments and took advice(aaand some light offence ha!) and respect the honesty/suggestions in regards to my HA.

Spoke to my doc two days ago who said I will be put on medication/counselling list SO LONG as the last test comes back clear but first they told me to wait for the referral call for a GI doc. May be coincedence but since my symptoms have slowly calmed down this week I am a different person - have had mild cramps every morning followed by using the bathroom then am seemingly fine with all the things I ate previously before May. I struggled during 2015/16 and lost 22 pounds within 2 months after my ex got a stomach bug (I was so fearful of catching it as my exams were around the same time and I didnt wanna have to go through it..) and havent been back to my 44kg self since then (thank God). I've put on around 3 pounds this week and find that my heart rate, anxiety, stress are non-existent so long as I dont have d*. However, I go from up to down - woke with what felt like period cramps and immediately went into panic mode then managed to get through the morning by eating brunch even with the cramp and talked myself out of not eating all day.
    Waiting for this GI doc letter to arrive on Monday but feeling 50% better than last week - more stool tests came back (he mentioned around 7 different things they tested on me) and they were all clear..my initial worry was c.diff so I'm gonna call and ask whether they did this specifically as I know it can flare up again at anypoint.

Cheers for the advice - I'm aware its all probably worsened and heightened by my HA but I gained around 10 pounds from September of last year until April so I know I can go back to non-panic me.

Should also mention that I've had constipation more so than d* these past few weeks which weirdly make me feel back to normal. Doc said 99.9% I DEFINITELY have ibs (glad as my parents yelled at me a fortnight ago saying it was all just in my head and there was no such thing as IBS which flared me up 100x more as I wasnt allowed to be in pain..) . Realised that before this, constipation/hard stools was the "norm" for me, even about a day before I took the medication, i think the initial shock was never experiencing d* unless I had a bug or fever etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice