LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with anxiety, depression and break up? Advice please

Bronze Member
    Thank you so much for your detailed response.

Iíve been playing with the idea of therapy, though some of the London prices for good therapists here are extremely high. And I havenít a clue how many sessions I would need. I take it this is something you and the therapist determine though?

Hypnosis also seems like something I would be absolutely willing to try at this point. Iíve only just accepted the fact Iím not strong enough to beat this state on my own.

Bronze Member
    Hi Katrina, I appreciate that so much. Itís actually rather comforting to know that others genuinely care and want to help.

Apologies for the late reply. Iíve had a bit of a difficult day today and spent most of it in my head.

I know it has happened before with him pulling me back, but this time there is no way. This is the longest we have gone without speaking, which I am actually quite proud of nearing the two week mark. I have blocked the Instagram, which was a big first step for me.

My friends havenít been too helpful as they have updated me on things like who he is following etc, I told them I donít need or want to know this.

I still feel weak in terms of my emotional being, but absolutely not weak enough to ever be drawn back in. He made his feelings clear the day we after we got back. I also have been thinking and thought anybody who could or did love me, wouldnít have put me through the bad times he did.

Itís such a struggle because there is a tiny part of me that misses, Iím not sure if itís him or having someone there, so that is my main battle right now.

I feel angry and weak because after 2 weeks I expected to feel stronger or better, and I just donít. I know I seriously need a therapist, I also need the confidence to get out there and find one and speak.

I couldnít ever put myself through this again, so in terms of going back, I just couldnít allow it. I am so fragile right now but not fragile enough to go back. Thank you so much I feel some relief every time I post on here and communicate without full judgement. Thatís kind of what my friends and family have been doing, so I feel very isolated right now.

They all know I am going through a hard time but Iím met with comments from my mother which is Ďthis isnít the end, I guarantee youíll go bsckí Which really isnít helping me as I feel like Iím fighting this on my own against not just him but everyone else I love!

Bronze Member
    Could I also ask how to access your old threads regarding those relationships? Iím so so sorry you went through all of that twice.

I would be keen however to read about this as it seems like youíre in a much better place now and Iím really glad to hear that the above methods worked for you.

Bronze Member
    P.s - Iím still a bit new on here so not that great at working the forum, sorry!

Hi Chloe, I'm really sorry to hear yesterday was a difficult day for you. I haven't seen your other threads so I don't know how long you were in this relationship? In my experience 2 weeks is just not enough time to completely heal when your heart was involved. I get that he wasn't good for you, and I'm proud of you for being strong about staying away from him, but don't be too hard on yourself for still hurting. It sounds like a lot of your angst is coming from beating yourself up for not being healed yet.

I also think you're smart to realize you can't deal with this alone. Do you believe in a higher power? When I went through similar issues, my relationship with God is the only thing that got me through some days.

Anyway, 2 weeks is not 2 months, and I hope you won't be angry at yourself for needing time. You're a lovely person and you're doing better than you think.

I hope today is a little better than yesterday was, and I hope tomorrow is a little better than today!

Bronze Member
    Oh, thank you so much. That is so very sweet of you. I am also religious, I do pray daily. So, yes, I do absolutely believe in higher power.

I am very spiritual and guided meditation is something I have also started back on.

You are very right. I hate how Iíve become and how Iíve become so withdrawn. I feel like this big annoying problem to people and as a result I am trying to rush my healing!

My previous thread is under Ďbreak up and divorceí. (If you care for the full story at all!)

Taking each day as it comes right now.
    Some are becoming better than others. Iím taking a trip away Saturday with a friend to take my mind of things. He is a guy and I feel a bit anxious about doing it, but I canít stay where I am right now as itís driving me insane.

Again thank you for your lovely reply, trying so hard to beat this.

Chloe x

Have you had a complete physical recently? Make sure you can rule out physical causes for the anxiety/depression. Ask for a referral to a psychiatrist for a more accurate diagnosis and more targeted treatment with less sides effects.

Why did you go off the antidepressants and when did the symptoms of depression, anxiety and hopelessness return? Also get ongoing supportive talk therapy. Help yourself and take care of your physical and mental health. The rest will improve with time and taking better care of yourself.
    Originally Posted by Chloej123
    I feel however I am struggling mentally, while seeking help from my GP, anti depressants are not something I want to go back on to.

Platinum Member
    You didn't respond to me asking before. Did you return for the medical test?

That situation definitely will affect your emotional state.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    You didn't respond to me asking before. Did you return for the medical test?

That situation definitely will affect your emotional state.
    Absolutely and to add -- your emotional state might also affect your cycle, which may be why your period was late.

I recall when I was in a severe anxious state several years back, I didn't get my period for literally three months!

But of course, the pregnancy test will confirm and I echo bolt when asking if you have gotten the test and the results.

Originally Posted by Chloej123
    Oh, thank you so much. That is so very sweet of you. I am also religious, I do pray daily. So, yes, I do absolutely believe in higher power.

I am very spiritual and guided meditation is something I have also started back on.

You are very right. I hate how Iíve become and how Iíve become so withdrawn. I feel like this big annoying problem to people and as a result I am trying to rush my healing!

My previous thread is under Ďbreak up and divorceí. (If you care for the full story at all!)

Taking each day as it comes right now.
    Some are becoming better than others. Iím taking a trip away Saturday with a friend to take my mind of things. He is a guy and I feel a bit anxious about doing it, but I canít stay where I am right now as itís driving me insane.

Again thank you for your lovely reply, trying so hard to beat this.

Chloe x
    I absolutely care for the full story, and thanks for pointing me to it. I've read through everything now. It definitely reinforced my feelings that it's completely normal for you to still be recovering.

So I really hope you won't keep thinking of yourself in terms of being a problem to others, or annoying. You're not any of those things -- from reading your posts you honestly sound like a kind, loving, insightful person who got caught up in a painful relationship and now you're confused and trying to make the right decisions and find direction again. None of that = weak or annoying.

I also think it's a good sign you're talking about "trying to beat this" now, and not talking about your ex and social media etc. anymore. It sounds like you're already focusing on yourself and moving on. So keep up the good work!

To echo the others, is there any update on the test?

Anyway, just wanted to check in how you've been doing this past week or so. You and your situation are on my heart

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice