Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rude to ask for a coworker's food?/Rude to refuse?

^^^^ haha! Good one.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rihannon
    Thank you! I feel like I'm the crazy one if people don't agree.
    I agree with the candy/lunch distinction.

And this thread gives food for thought and is a lot of fun! This as we go to attend the "cook off" a la Chopped Jr. at my son's camp where parents are supposed to volunteer to be taste testers -your coworkers would love it lol.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Rihannon
    Thank you! I feel like I'm the crazy one if people don't agree.
    If someone said "oh, i have heard about that trendy food item, i have been meaning to try it. you will have to tell me what you think" its not impolite, and that lets you say "sure, i definitely will let you know' or "try a bite". But if they say "can i have a bite of your sandwich and they are not your child/niece or nephew who is 5 years old or your spouse, then it is a bit odd.

I work in a small office of 60'ish people. We have a huge fridge for lunches, etc. but I use freezer packs and keep my lunch in my cube in a container. I never see anyone ask to take or try anyone's food, so odd and rude! Often we offer to share a bite of this or that. . . and many have candy dishes which are for public consumption....and we have a counter in our huge company kitchen - especially for freebies, leftover goodies from a party, things you don't want, etc. . . and we all know that is free for the taking. But ask for someone's food while they are eating it. . . . whaaa?

Platinum Member
    Maybe I'm too much about the germ thing but I would never offer to share a bite of anything in a work situation. If I was having lunch outside the office at a restaurant and my food arrived and I hadn't eaten any yet in certain circumstances I might offer to a work friend to try it but would not like if someone asked me for a bite of my food in a work situation.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice