LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: His female best friend

If you aren't already clear, just ask yourself if the roles were reversed

~ You have a long time male friend. Would you eat lunch with him daily and at the same time not acknowledge the person you are dating in the same room?

I think not. Not if you want him to continue dating you.

Hold out for someone who has the same values (and decency) as yourself.

Platinum Member
    The more you write, OP, the more convinced I am that hes actually hoping that one day she will take him out of the Friend Zone and date him. Until then, hes biding his time but not seriously looking for other options.

Platinum Member
    Set boundaries and don't cross them. If brushing another women's hair is a boundary, then stick to it unapolagetically. If he crosses it, dump him. Same with walks, lunches, or whatever. You decide what is reasonable for you.

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    I think it's very fair of you to be forthcoming the way you were. Wondering what his response was, if he agreed or tried to talk you out of it?

Anyway, to clarify for me, when it's so early on like that (and two months would be considered early on imo), I don't feel I need to be more forthcoming, especially when it's so obvious (or should be) why I am choosing to not date him anymore.

I mean you had just told him the situation with this girl made you uncomfortable and he didn't get it, dismissed your feelings.

For me, that would have been the time to tell him it wasn't working, wish you well.

But, I think what you said was great too!! Very honest and I applaud you for that. :)

Hope you're okay!!

I will be seeing my bf of a year and a half tonight, and plan to end things with him too, kinda dreading it, but that's a whole n'other thread.
    Thanks, Katrina. I feel good actually, and quite excited about the prospect of finding someone new who is more on my wave-length. His response was a very quiet one, and he seemed upset, but didnt really say much back. He seemed quite shocked and taken aback so maybe previous girlfriends have let him walk all over them. Either way, Im sure his female best friend will do a good job of consoling him!

How did things go with you? Which thread is it?

I would say its definitely weird both of their behaviour, not introducing you when your in the same eating quarters at work? Is just rude and odd, not sure I could turn my back on the girl im seeing to have lunch with my 'friend'. If my girlfriend acted the way she did - I know she's single - I wouldn't stand for that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Give Advice
Ask For Advice