Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: She told me that she was dancing with another guy (without context/me asking)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    14

    She told me that she was dancing with another guy (without context/me asking)

    Hey guys,

    so short story:

    I was seeing this girl from February to April, she thought we are Friends. I accepted it. We got closer again in May. I asked her on a Date. We went on a Date. It was good. And now we are seperated for around 2 more month (since May already, uni summer break). Anyways. Although we went on the date shortly before we both left Uni, I didn't really try a lot. Didn't really flirt with her. I only facetimed her a few times.

    Yesterday, she was at a club or so idk. She posted a video of that and I asked who the artist was.
    And he response was: "That was *insert artist name*". And I was like "Oh that's cool, I love this dude". Her answer: "It was so hard to take the video cause I was dancing really sexually with this guy."

    Like why do you tell me that? I did not ask? Idk what to take from that.

    My reaction (idk if that was the right reaction): "Did you get his phone number?? Did you get any other boys??"

    She just said: "No, it was only a one time thing". She completely ignored the second question.

    Idk. A friend of mine says that she wanted to show me that she is "in demand"?

    Or is that just a way to show me that I am actually just her friend, not more, not less.

    Greetings!

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    35,871
    Gender
    Male
    Don't take the bait. If she's trying to make you jealous or get attention, act indifferent. If you're in the friendzone, just cut her off and delete and block her from your social media. Don't let her play games with your head. Focus on other girls.
    Originally Posted by Phil11
    I was like "Oh that's cool, I love this dude". Her answer: "It was so hard to take the video cause I was dancing really sexually with this guy." is that just a way to show me that I am actually just her friend, not more, not less.

  3. #3
    Gold Member leseine7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe
    Age
    34
    Posts
    975
    Gender
    Female
    You guys have been off and on for the entire time you've dated. Now she's telling you she's dating sexually with another guy. Just, you know, dropping that info randomly into your conversation for no apparent reason. So, why ask yourself why she brought it up? What does it matter?

    My point being - do you really want to date someone who's going to rub that in your face, for any reason? On the other hand, if she's been into you and you've been the one giving mixed signals (being indifferent, not flirting, etc.), then yeah, she might be trying to make the point that she's moving on. Either way, it's not worth your time to pursue anymore.

  4. #4
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,609
    Iím reading that you never actually dated just were friends for a couple of months. Then you asked her to go out which you perceived as a date but she didnít?

    Is that correct?

    Essentially she is a platonic friend in which case she should be able to say what sheís up to with guys because she only as she said considers you a friend?

    I donít think she has done anything wrong really, she just (immaturely) let you know (again) that she only views you as a friend.

    I think you need to accept that she is not interested in dating you and if you are not interested in platonic friendship then delete her?

    I donít believe she is playing games with you , I believe she just has bad communication skills.

    Other girls out there for you!!

  5.  

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    14
    Originally Posted by Billie28
    Iím reading that you never actually dated just were friends for a couple of months. Then you asked her to go out which you perceived as a date but she didnít?

    Is that correct?

    Essentially she is a platonic friend in which case she should be able to say what sheís up to with guys because she only as she said considers you a friend?

    I donít think she has done anything wrong really, she just (immaturely) let you know (again) that she only views you as a friend.

    I think you need to accept that she is not interested in dating you and if you are not interested in platonic friendship then delete her?

    I donít believe she is playing games with you , I believe she just has bad communication skills.

    Other girls out there for you!!
    We never dated. We both never specified if it was a date. I think so since she was with a friend when I picked her up and then her friend asked if she can join us. My friend said no and that we both wanna be alone and smiled at me. So I guess thatís a date?

    She can tell me whatever she wants. But why now? She was drunk when she texted me the dancing with the boy thing. And I didnít ask anything about boys or anything related to any person in general? She just puts it out there. Without context. And why did she necessarily have to put the ďwere dancing really sexuallyĒ part. I didnít even flirt with her or whatever. Like if I would have flirted with her and she wanted to show me that we are friends, I would have understood it. But thatís not the case.

    I am not texting with her for now tho.

  7. #6
    Platinum Member catfeeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    22,458
    Gender
    Female
    She's blocking you.

  8. #7
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,972
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by Phil11
    Hey guys,

    so short story:

    I was seeing this girl from February to April, she thought we are Friends. I accepted it. We got closer again in May. I asked her on a Date. We went on a Date. It was good. And now we are seperated for around 2 more month (since May already, uni summer break). Anyways. Although we went on the date shortly before we both left Uni, I didn't really try a lot. Didn't really flirt with her. I only facetimed her a few times.

    Yesterday, she was at a club or so idk. She posted a video of that and I asked who the artist was.
    And he response was: "That was *insert artist name*". And I was like "Oh that's cool, I love this dude". Her answer: "It was so hard to take the video cause I was dancing really sexually with this guy."

    Like why do you tell me that? I did not ask? Idk what to take from that.

    My reaction (idk if that was the right reaction): "Did you get his phone number?? Did you get any other boys??"

    She just said: "No, it was only a one time thing". She completely ignored the second question.

    Idk. A friend of mine says that she wanted to show me that she is "in demand"?

    Or is that just a way to show me that I am actually just her friend, not more, not less.

    Greetings!
    I would assess it like this. That's her way of announcing you're in the friend zone. Or, it's gamesmanship. Either way, it's better luck next time. A mature interested woman wouldn't risk you losing interest by speaking this way. It seems very intentional, and her choice of words were carefully chosen.

    I would probably roll my eyes and just move on.


Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •