Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Off Site Contact Question

  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    50,136
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    Yes,
    I just told him a little about my faith journey. That’s pretty standard for the site we were on (and of interest to him based on his profile)

    I know it was a reach to throw him a line, the fact that he responded and linked me to his personal account seemed positive to me...do you agree?

    If I were him I wouldn’t have responded to someone I felt was legitimately creepy!
    The fact that he linked you to his personal account shows that he is comfortable linking you - it could be because he lets everyone and anyone link, it could be because he would like the option of being in contact in the future, it could be because he plans on seeing if you want to meet in person. It's not necessarily positive -linking someone to a social media account may or may not be related to interest in meeting the person in person.

  2. #12
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    205
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    The fact that he linked you to his personal account shows that he is comfortable linking you - it could be because he lets everyone and anyone link, it could be because he would like the option of being in contact in the future, it could be because he plans on seeing if you want to meet in person. It's not necessarily positive -linking someone to a social media account may or may not be related to interest in meeting the person in person.
    Good points,
    I’m going to take it easy like you suggested and just relax and see what he does with it :)

  3. #13
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    205
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    He may be seeing someone, dating others, etc. Why not continue browsing and messaging/meeting men who are still active on the site? He may have been curious but he doesn't seem to really want to pursue this, for whatever reason.
    Thanks wise man,
    Could be. I think he was just a trial member based on the timing, and how quickly his account became inactive.

    Doesn’t mean he doesn’t have other things going on!

  4. #14
    Platinum Member smackie9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,106
    Gender
    Female
    Contacting someone off site might have them think it's a scam. It is common for men to be contacted by fakes, to lure them back to the site, so it's possible he is doing his own investigating to make sure you are legit. The ball is in his court now....if he is interested, he will be contacting you shortly.

  5.  

  6. #15
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    50,136
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    Good points,
    I’m going to take it easy like you suggested and just relax and see what he does with it :)
    I would go further. Nothing to "see" - just put it off your radar and if he contacts you in the future and if he asks to meet you in person or agrees to, then you will deal with it. The only relevant action on his part is to either ask to meet you in person or agree to do so. Unless your point is collecting contacts on social media sites. Which, it isn't so it seems.

    If you truly want to meet someone you will choose not to use up head space on this.

  7. #16
    Gold Member SarahLancaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    683
    Gender
    Female
    Maybe he just wants to take time to create a good response to you.

  8. #17
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    205
    Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Maybe he just wants to take time to create a good response to you.
    I really hope so too!

  9. #18
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    205
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I would go further. Nothing to "see" - just put it off your radar and if he contacts you in the future and if he asks to meet you in person or agrees to, then you will deal with it. The only relevant action on his part is to either ask to meet you in person or agree to do so. Unless your point is collecting contacts on social media sites. Which, it isn't so it seems.

    If you truly want to meet someone you will choose not to use up head space on this.
    Nothing to "see" - I just meant balls in his court — I really agree about not giving it extra head space :)

  10. #19
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    50,136
    Originally Posted by FirstDates
    Nothing to "see" - I just meant balls in his court — I really agree about not giving it extra head space :)
    Yes, it is his turn to respond to your text.

  11. #20
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,972
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by FirstDates

    Why might a man answer really quickly and positively but then not reply again as fast?

    Any suggestions on what I should do now?

    Thanks!
    Because I'm at work, or, I want to take my time and think about what I want to say. Relax.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •