LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best friend

Best friend

So I have this friend, let's call him Mark. Mark and I have been very good friends for going on 2+ years, and 2 months ago he introduced me to this girl, let's call her Marcie. we talk everything is good exchange numbers, we begin to talk for the next few weeks, this girl is absolutely perfect, Everything I could ever want in a girl immediately I could see we had So much in common, so after a few weeks I developed strong feelings for this girl, I mean she was basically everything I ever wanted and more, I hadn't told Mark yet because I felt guilty picking up one of his friends, because see this is something I used to do alot when I was younger, pick up my friends friends, pathetic, lazy ya know, I just liked the attention. I liked knowing what I could get. so due to my past I felt bad about sort of resorting back to my old habits, but see I kept my distance from this girl, but she was the one that was so persistent with me, and she was perfect so eventually I gave in and we started to talk. so about a 2 weeks ago I decided to confess to mark that I had started talking to Marcie, well it turns out he was talking to her as well, they had been talking for Months, he was devastated. there was a little drama at first, but he got over it, actually the bull this girl put us through Actually made us closer than Ever, I Love this dude. I almost lost him because of this little skank hoe, but maybe it had to happen, anyways. about 3 nights ago, mark got drunk and in his feelings, and he began to express to me that he had actually been attracted to me for quite some time, I didn't know how to respond because I was actually really attracted to Him Before his Transition, He was perfect, he's still perfect. he's just not something I'm Used to. my whole life I've dated women, sure I'll look at guys here and there but I never actually Thought about being in a relationship with man, or even a Transman for that matter. I've been driving myself crazy because of the things he said to me, it was beautiful, he told me everything I've ever wanted to hear, and it all just made sense.. but I just don't think I could be gay forreal, what if we do date for a while, and then I decide I want to date women again? I'm so lost it's making me sick. I love this dude, but I don't wanna break his heart. Any advice is greatly appreciated, just please be respectful.

Originally Posted by Lonew0lf
    So I have this friend, let's call him Mark. Mark and I have been very good friends for going on 2+ years, and 2 months ago he introduced me to this girl, let's call her Marcie. we talk everything is good exchange numbers, we begin to talk for the next few weeks, this girl is absolutely perfect, Everything I could ever want in a girl immediately I could see we had So much in common, so after a few weeks I developed strong feelings for this girl, I mean she was basically everything I ever wanted and more, I hadn't told Mark yet because I felt guilty picking up one of his friends, because see this is something I used to do alot when I was younger, pick up my friends friends, pathetic, lazy ya know, I just liked the attention. I liked knowing what I could get. so due to my past I felt bad about sort of resorting back to my old habits, but see I kept my distance from this girl, but she was the one that was so persistent with me, and she was perfect so eventually I gave in and we started to talk. so about a 2 weeks ago I decided to confess to mark that I had started talking to Marcie, well it turns out he was talking to her as well, they had been talking for Months, he was devastated. there was a little drama at first, but he got over it, actually the bull this girl put us through Actually made us closer than Ever, I Love this dude. I almost lost him because of this little skank hoe, but maybe it had to happen, anyways. about 3 nights ago, mark got drunk and in his feelings, and he began to express to me that he had actually been attracted to me for quite some time, I didn't know how to respond because I was actually really attracted to Him Before his Transition, He was perfect, he's still perfect. he's just not something I'm Used to. my whole life I've dated women, sure I'll look at guys here and there but I never actually Thought about being in a relationship with man, or even a Transman for that matter. I've been driving myself crazy because of the things he said to me, it was beautiful, he told me everything I've ever wanted to hear, and it all just made sense.. but I just don't think I could be gay forreal, what if we do date for a while, and then I decide I want to date women again? I'm so lost it's making me sick. I love this dude, but I don't wanna break his heart. Any advice is greatly appreciated, just please be respectful.
    My god I love this forum. Everything from giant walls of text to this guy calling a chick a - what was it? - "skank hoe" all because both were to gutless to make a move on her, to him being confused about his sexuality. Priceless.

Platinum Member
    Donít date Mark.

Itís always a risk to date a friend because if it doesnít work out you usually lose the friendship.

It sounds like you value Markís friendship and you arenít that attracted to him. Itís a bad gamble.

Keep him as a friend. Tell him you are flattered and you care for him very much but that you are attracted to women.

If your attraction to women ever changes, try on others first before your risk your friendship with Mark.

I think you're already risking the chance of losing his friendship because feelings have been expressed already and you are looking at him a different way.

He is going to obviously feel rejected if you don't feel the same way.

But you need to sort out your feelings once and for all. Why are you holding back on being with him? Are you genuinely not into him or are you confused and worried what others will think? Are you scared to admit you could be bi?

Try to take everyone else out of the picture. The world only exists of you and Mark. Would you consider trying to be with him or not?

If you're holding back due to not being sure how you feel, you could try and see how it goes. It could be that it's just something you haven't allowed yourself to feel before but that doesn't mean that it's not there.

However, if you are 100% put off on the idea and you would feel forced due to not wanting to disappoint him, then don't do it.

I hope you can find some answers for yourself.

By the way, I'm not sure if this girl is a "skank hoe" as you called her. But it was low down for her to be playing you both at the same time, even more so that you were good friends.

There's definitely alot more to marcie lol she was involved with a few other guys, two of which were Also our friends, that we found out about But that's besides the point lol

Well, lone, lesson learnt, right? Even if someone seems "perfect", that doesn't mean they are.

Try really getting to know someone before you decide if they are suitable for you.

Slow down your feelings when you first meet someone, give it time, people can pretend to be whatever you want them to be at the start, it doesn't mean it's true.

I personally believe that love sees no gender.

HOWEVER, everyone still has their dating preferences, and you specifically have only dated women.

A new relationship is generally shaky, scary, and fun all at the same time. But if you are feeling doubts right out the gate, then you might want to listen to that voice. Relationships have a tough enough time struggling in today's society without one of the parties having doubts.

On top of all this I agree with the others: Risking a valuable friendship for a romance that you're unsure of, could truly break both of your hearts. That would be tragic indeed.

My advice is to tell him you love him as a friend, and will always love him and don't want to lose that. Tell him you will always be there for him and that you hope he understands.

I hope it goes well.

I personally believe that love sees no gender.
    How true! Love is love.

Originally Posted by rubixcube19
    My god I love this forum. Everything from giant walls of text to this guy calling a chick a - what was it? - "skank hoe" all because both were to gutless to make a move on her, to him being confused about his sexuality. Priceless.
    Definitely all her fault, lol. But hey--at least they got closer by trashing her together! Women are good for something, by god.

Yes she manipulated All of us into believing she was something she was not, she even ended up going after his best friend of 7 years, but Exactly now mark and i stronger than ever!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice