Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Does she just want my attention?

  1. #11
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    8,880
    Originally Posted by hnnssy69
    You might be right, even though she was making more moves, my gut tells me that this person isn't real at all and not worth it. but my f*** up mind tells me that i need to impress her even though i know that it isn't necessary and does the opposite effect
    She definitely isn't seriously interested, no.

    But you seem to have answered your own question as to why you do this - it's actually about validating your own attractiveness and desirability, in my opinion. If you manage to get girls like this to come around, it boosts your self-esteem. Having them disappear does the opposite, leaving you questioning why you're not good enough. That's my take, for what it's worth.

    You're human, and we tend to do this when we're not all that secure and confident. I think that with time and a better filter (to nix the girls who are just playing games or looking to have their ego stroked) you will find that you pursue more viable and mature options.

  2. #12
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,559
    Do you like girls who are jealous and controlling, who demand to see your phone, who interrogate you about why you "liked" another girl's pic or comment, who blow up your phone with texts?

    In other words, do you crave a drama girlfriend?

  3. #13
    Platinum Member ThatwasThen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    13,568
    Gender
    Female
    I also got the feeling like loosing my dignity time after time. (i dealt with a narcissistic girlfriend for 2 years so i know what losing dignity and self respect feels like)
    Well, I'm sorry to say this but clearly you learned nothing from your dysfunctional relationship with a "narcissistic girlfriend" if you keep entertaining this flake who you realize is an attention junkie who keeps flaking on you.

    Stop talking to her and keep looking for a chick who DOES want to meet you and ACTUALLY shows up for that meet.

    Learn the lesson your last relationship should have taught you and keep away from chicks like this babe that is a flake and sounding a tad
    cray-cray!

    Originally Posted by hnnssy69
    I dont know exactly but i tend to fall for narcissistic/childish playful people that are mysterious and not available . the last year i had 3 chances to get in a relationship but as soon as they ask me if we're exclusive i pull back and drop them. but i always run after people that play with me. maybe its bond anxiety
    I think you are a cruel man to be dating when you clearly are not ready to be in anything serious. You should at least be honest with those you date that you are just looking for an eff buddy or a friend with benefits and quit shredding hearts.

    It seems you have met your match in this girl (you are both not ready to be in anything serious) and she is teaching you how it feels to be effed over.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    12
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    She definitely isn't seriously interested, no.

    But you seem to have answered your own question as to why you do this - it's actually about validating your own attractiveness and desirability, in my opinion. If you manage to get girls like this to come around, it boosts your self-esteem. Having them disappear does the opposite, leaving you questioning why you're not good enough. That's my take, for what it's worth.

    You're human, and we tend to do this when we're not all that secure and confident. I think that with time and a better filter (to nix the girls who are just playing games or looking to have their ego stroked) you will find that you pursue more viable and mature options.
    Yeah exactly thats the point i think im also kinda attention seeking but not that obvious as other people, i think i should work on that

  5.  

  6. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    12
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Do you like girls who are jealous and controlling, who demand to see your phone, who interrogate you about why you "liked" another girl's pic or comment, who blow up your phone with texts?

    In other words, do you crave a drama girlfriend?
    Not really, that would turn me off quick

  7. #16
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,559
    So, you lose interest if a girl is too easy to "get". But if she makes you work for it and doesn't give in easily, you are super interested and want to see if you can "get" her?

    What happens if you succeed in "getting" her, do you then lose interest?

  8. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    12
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    So, you lose interest if a girl is too easy to "get". But if she makes you work for it and doesn't give in easily, you are super interested and want to see if you can "get" her?

    What happens if you succeed in "getting" her, do you then lose interest?
    i dont really know but i think it could be possible.

    i think as soon as they sleep with me, i'll start losing interest because i achieved her validation or something? after that mostly they get feelings and then i start to back away more and the chasing circle turns. (thats my experience so far)

  9. #18
    Platinum Member Wiseman2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Cloud Nine
    Posts
    33,795
    Gender
    Male
    It's fine if you want one night stands. But don't lead anyone on. Especially don't prey on younger naive girls.

  10. #19
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,559
    Originally Posted by hnnssy69
    i dont really know but i think it could be possible.

    i think as soon as they sleep with me, i'll start losing interest because i achieved her validation or something? after that mostly they get feelings and then i start to back away more and the chasing circle turns. (thats my experience so far)
    Do you think it's nice to treat females this way?

  11. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    12
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Do you think it's nice to treat females this way?
    No it's not and i dont mean that i do it by purpose, its just as soon as someone shows me serious interest, my interest in this person magically vanishes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •