I am dating this guy and I kinda like him. I currently live in Italy and he is of course Italian. I was planning to break up with him last week because I am so insecure about myself and I don't want to like someone that much when I am not sure about his feeling. anyway, I decided to wait. But tonight I sent him some stupid texts which I regretted the minute I pressed send. he asked me about my night and I said I have a plane with a friend which is not a close friend to teach me Italian and he said ok stay safe and we had a little discussion about why I call every stranger "friend" and he told me for you everyone is a friend. then I said because you never teach me Italian so I have to ask Strangers for help with some creepy emojis. we've been dating for 1 month and I shouldn't have shown him my bad temper. but it's near my period and my hormones are killing me I have a severe PMS issue and I already explained him. when I got home I sent him some texts but he didn't respond but he read. now I don't know what to do. I already said sorry to him I don't want to repeat because It wasn't a big deal. I feel that he lost his interest in me and he was just looking for an excuse during the last week. by the way, he is not a child he is 34. I would appreciate if someone helps me with my next move. What should I do now?

Ok - I think you need to relax a bit. Go to the gym or something to blow off some steam. You have waaaaaaay too much anxiety going on.

Breaking up with him because you like him too much?

And he already texted with you tonight.

Maybe he hasn’t responded because he’s at the movies or he’s just busy.

Deep breaths.

At one month in, you are simply getting to know each other. You should not have any expectations about anything at this point - not how much he texts, not whether he teaches you Italian, etc. And you are really over-analyzing everything.

Try not to sweat it. You are trying too hard. If he’s interested, he’ll be in touch. If he’s not, your text about him teaching you Italian is not the only thing that made that determination.

You’ve only known him a short while - I promise you will be ok with or without him.

I know I know. It's mu stupid pms which destroys almost everything in my life. thanks for your advice anyway. I am not italian I am originally from Isreal and I am alone here so I invest too much on him just because I have no one here. I do have some friends but I am 29 and finding real friends is hard in my age.

Stop blaming PMS. If you need to learn Italian, then learn Italian. It shouldn't be on someone you've only known a month to be obligated to teach you. You live in ITALY. You've got opportunity to learn all around you.

Stop blaming PMS. If you need to learn Italian, then learn Italian. It shouldn't be on someone you've only known a month to be obligated to teach you. You live in ITALY. You've got opportunity to learn all around you.

Agreed - not to mention, there are Italian language schools all over Italy. I know... I just got back from one.

He doesn't owe you language lessons. Use one of the popular language apps or hire someone. Don't excuse your behavior. Get to a doctor if you have mood/hormone issues. That's not his fault or his problem to manage, it's yours. Address your real problems and frustrations living there. Stop dumping on him. Stop blaming him for your adjustment issues. Stop contacting him.

I said because you never teach me Italian so I have to ask Strangers for help with some creepy emojis. it's near my period and my hormones are killing me I have a severe PMS issue and I already explained him. ?

I assume you are from the US. In the US, we have attempted to do a role reversal between men and women. People are doing that without any understanding of the science of love.

There is a neurochemical called oxytocin. It is called the bonding chemical or love drug. It occurs naturally in human beings. However, women secrete significantly more than men. In short, when you are pregnant and breast feeding, you secrete an enormous amount of oxytocin. It’s why women bond with their babies so well.

At the same time, women secrete more when they like a man. During sex, you secrete much more than men. In fact, testosterone, blocks oxytocin in men.

With that said, it is much more common for women to like a man much more than he likes you, especially in the beginning. I suggest you be comfortable being a woman. If you force role reversal where you expect him to secrete oxytocin more than you, you will lose him. Men in other nations have not allowed feminism to taint manhood.

I say all that to say be responsible. If you made a mess, clean it up. Don’t look for him to clean it up. Be transparent. Tell him you are afraid of love. Then allow him to choose what he wants to do.

Besides, if you were planning to break up with him, what do you care?

Archived