LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend turning down sex.

Boyfriend turning down sex.

me and my boyfriend has been together for a year now. I initiate sex more than he does but I think its because my sex drive is higher than his. lately he’s been turning me down because he’s “so tired from work” or he “just doesn't feel like it” or he “hasn't taken a shower” every time I make an attempt its an EXCUSE. so we talked about it and still haven't gotten anywhere. I want him to understand that if that is the case I understand & respect that but I have needs as well.. sex isnt a priority but its still on the list. What do I do ?!? :(

How long is "lately?" Dudes are allowed to not want sex, even if for a stretch.

A month now. & I understand they aren't allowed. But I thought you compromise in a relationship?..

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Is he stressed right now ?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The thing is NO ONE should have sex when they do not want to.

Maybe he's suffering from depression....or maybe he should get his testosterone levels checked by a doctor. Could be an underlying health issue. You know men, they are afraid to go to a doctor as for fear what they might find out.

Originally Posted by kita21
    A month now. & I understand they aren't allowed. But I thought you compromise in a relationship?..
    Uhhh... with regard to whether one has sex despite not having a desire to? Pretty next level creepy, but OK.

When was it you "talked about it?" I can't say whether he's lost interest, if he's going through a temporary rut, or him being "talked to" and compelled to "compromise" has quite understandably exacerbated his lack of desire.

Ohh so my feelings don't matter and to in a sense .. weather the storm? Okay cool thanks for the advice :)

The thing is nobody should be forced into having sex just because somebody else has a high sex drive . People don’t die from lack of sex .

Platinum Member
    My ex husband didn't have sex with me for over a year. Yeah, it was a factor in the divorce.

A month isn't THAT long, but if it's turning into a long term thing I would have a serious conversation. NOT right after an attempt to have sex, however.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice