Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think my mother is controlling but I don't know what to do (wedding related)

You have great insight into this and it's good you're standing your ground, marrying the woman you love and moving away. Unfortunately your mother seems to be acting out in theses petty ways taking it out on everyone/your fiance because she she is broken and wants the attention. She's losing control of you and that irritates her. This wedding and asking her participation/cooperation is a way for her to attempt to try to control things by manufacturing this chaos and the guilt trips. Keep your eye on the ball. Just proceed and let her fall on her own weight.

Originally Posted by Deejmonster
    To answer another question, my father and brother always side with her. I can't talk to them about it.
    I can really sympathize. It sucks.

Originally Posted by Deejmonster
    All I want is to get out, but I am trying to do everything in my power to not cut them out completely because she will make it look like I was the bad guy the entire time.
    Plus, you know, they're family. I mean, at least for my part, I actually love my mom and sister and wish there was a way that I didn't have to minimize them in my life. I wish they didn't unite to form Superjerk whenever they got together.

But I digress..... Point is, I find myself in a similar place, though circumstances are different.

I wish you luck. It's a real pain in the ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice