LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss

Weight loss

I'm already really fit, I exercise 8.5 hours a week. 1 hour 15 mins of taekwondo on Tues and Thurs, 4 hours of badminton on Sat, and 2 hours of badminton on Sunday. I exercise so much that I'm sore almost 24/7. But I am not losing weight or burning fat??

I am also eating at a calorie deficit but it has been almost a month, and I see no change. Am I doing something wrong?

Platinum Member
    Are you male or female, how tall and what do you currently weigh?

Platinum Member
    How many calories do you consume per day? I'm pretty sure that if you eat less than 1200 calories per day that it's way too little and your body starts holding on to weight because it thinks you're starving yourself.

In the past I lost 100lbs in 4.5 months. I did this consuming 600-900 calories a day.

Exercise has very little effect when dieting. One month I exercised an hour a day and lost 9.9 kg. The next month I sat on the couch and lost 9.5 kg.

Look at what youíre putting in your mouth.... even things like peas, corn and carrots effected my weight loss.

If l didnít lose weight it was for 2 reasons.... too many carbs or not drinking enough water. If I drank less than 2 litres a day my weight loss would be half of what it should be.

^^^ What Matt0050 said.

Originally Posted by yun
    I am also eating at a calorie deficit but it has been almost a month, and I see no change. Am I doing something wrong?
    Are you really eating at calorie deficit? You say its been almost a month, lol. If i fast for 2 days I can easily lose 7 pounds no problem. I feel like hitting my head against a brick wall when the answers to some of the most complicated problems are often so simple. STOP EATING so much.

Also, this was meant for someone who is slightly overweight. Oftentimes the problem is psychological, not merely metabolic. People seem to think that obesity is the problem, when in fact so often is it just a symptom. Most often people are using food to calm themselves down, when they really need intimacy and attention.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Matt0050
    If I drank less than 2 litres a day my weight loss would be half of what it should be.
    Interesting. And you were still consuming the same amount of calories each day when you drank your two litres of water?

Wondering why water had this effect versus not drinking the 2 litres? I can understand if consuming more water suppressed your appetite and you therefore ate less calories, which contributed to your weight loss. But, if you ate the same amount of calories, how did the 2 litres of water assist with a more significant weight loss?

Does drinking water speed up metabolism?

Drinking water helps you to lose water weight, high sodium foods cause water retention and you need to drink water to not retain it.

No matter what, your body is going to abide by the laws of thermodynamics. If you're already "very fit," your body is most likely throttling your functioning at rest to reduce your BMR. People underestimate how many calories we burn simply being alive. 8.5 hours of exercise on its own isn't extreme, but on a consistent calorie deficit, your body has no idea you're doing it for recreation rather than survival, so it will prioritize fueling your activity over things like healthy protein synthesis, hormone regulation, cell production, etc.

There are ways to "trick" your body to lose weight after reaching a certain level of leanness, but I couldn't in good conscience describe them here. I've done the strictly essential body fat grind myself back when I was considering competing, and it's as miserable to maintain as it is incredibly unhealthy. Honestly, if you just wanna have some more tone to look better for yourself, go the opposite direction. You do a lot of aerobic exercise but I see very little strength training. Go a bit above maintenance and hit the weights

I'm with jman on this one. More strength training and less cardio. Eat a balanced diet full of nutritious foods. Don't keep yourself at a constant severe calorie deficit. Not only is it exhausting but it communicates to your body that you are starving, and can actually make it harder to lose fat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice