Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't let go even though she doesn't care.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    B) She was already talking to this new guy while you were still together, and wasn't sure what his intentions were. She may not have wanted to let you go until she knew that he wanted something more serious with her. This is a hard scenario to digest, I realize, and most dumpees will deny that's it's even possible, that their ex would never do that - but it does happen. Even with the people we'd least suspect of being dishonest.
    Well if she did do this, I want nithing to do with her anyway. To me that is the worst thing someone can do. Especially after she knew how hard I was trying to work things out. Maybe she wasn't the person I thought she was. She always said to me how she couldn't see herself with anyone else, how much I mean to her etc etc. I get feelings can change though. I think I'm still hurting and the fact she has jumped to the next guy so quick is like anither stab.

I'm guessing there will be no chance she will ever come back,

I would say watch this, and every one of this guy's videos.

He pretty much details your entire story and breaks down why you failed.

Don't get me wrong, she did as well. Relationships are work.

[Register to see the link]

Thanks. I know I failed and I feel so bad for it, fell like I've lost the one. But I also think I'm missing her and forgetting the other bits that made fail. Still doesn't stop me from missing her. I hate the thought of their getting attention from another guy. But I honestly think she doesn't even think about me now? Four months on after break up she seems to have just moved on so easy. She I still posting pics and wearing gifts I gave her, I know I should not even think about it and she probably doesn't even remember how she got them lol. I'm not ready to meet soemone else just yet...I think it would be unfair in the other person if I'm still hung up on my ex. So for now, I need to try and forget, remember the way she treated me at the end and tell myself if she can forget and move on so fast she clearly didn't feel the same as me.

Platinum Member
    I'll say this from the perspective of having been the dumper on a couple occasions:

It's not that she never thinks of you. Of course she does; human memory doesn't have a delete button. You will certainly cross her mind sometimes, as does anyone we've had significant relationships with. What dumpees struggle to understand is that thinking about you isn't the same as missing you or having regrets about ending it. I have thought about exes from time to time, wondered how they're doing, but that's it. The relationships weren't what I wanted, in the end, so when I think of them there's no romantic sentiment attached to it.

I have also continued to wear items given to me as gifts from exes, jewelry included (minus a "promise ring" I received as a very young adult, as it looked like an engagement ring and had symbolic meaning) I simply like the pieces and wear them when they happen to compliment whatever outfit I'm in. I don't have many such pieces anymore, after having made some big moves and lost or damaged things along the way. But when I do, again, they don't carry a sentimental value.

I know it hurts to hear the above. It's hard to accept that someone just doesn't feel the same way about you anymore, but I promise it's not that she doesn't care about you as a person. She will remember you, and in time, you won't have the same emotional response when you think of her, either. It's still fresh for you. For her, this had been coming a while. That's why it feels so quick to you, but not to her.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    I'll say this from the perspective of having been the dumper on a couple occasions:

It's not that she never thinks of you. Of course she does; human memory doesn't have a delete button. You will certainly cross her mind sometimes, as does anyone we've had significant relationships with. What dumpees struggle to understand is that thinking about you isn't the same as missing you or having regrets about ending it. I have thought about exes from time to time, wondered how they're doing, but that's it. The relationships weren't what I wanted, in the end, so when I think of them there's no romantic sentiment attached to it.

I have also continued to wear items given to me as gifts from exes, jewelry included (minus a "promise ring" I received as a very young adult, as it looked like an engagement ring and had symbolic meaning) I simply like the pieces and wear them when they happen to compliment whatever outfit I'm in. I don't have many such pieces anymore, after having made some big moves and lost or damaged things along the way. But when I do, again, they don't carry a sentimental value.

I know it hurts to hear the above. It's hard to accept that someone just doesn't feel the same way about you anymore, but I promise it's not that she doesn't care about you as a person. She will remember you, and in time, you won't have the same emotional response when you think of her, either. It's still fresh for you. For her, this had been coming a while. That's why it feels so quick to you, but not to her.
    Thanks for that, I understand what you are saying completely. I can't force her to like me, I've just got to let myself get over her. I actually can't wait for the day I no longer feel anything then I can feel I can properly get on with my life.

7. 07-23-2019, 10:03 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice