LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help

Need help

Me and my partner had an argument about somethings that were bothering me. He admitted that he was ignorant sometimes and would change it. He said he would spend more time with me. I am a housewife. The next day he called me at 6.15 saying he had left from his office. I was really happy he was keeping his word and coming home to me. But then he said he was gonna stop by with his friends for a drink and would be home by 7.15 pm.
    I have never before objected on his socializing with his friends. But i was upset that he went out the very next day he promised his time to me.
    Am I wrong to think he should have come home directly atleast the very next day of him talking about spending time with me?

Are you a housewife or stay-at-home mother?

Not sure I understand OP... he said he would be home by 7:15 which would give you plenty of time together? Why were you upset?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    Are you a housewife or stay-at-home mother?
    I echo this question. It makes all the difference.

If you are a stay-at-home mom, he has an equal obligation to care for his children. Itís understandable that you would feel overwhelmed (especially if the children are under the age of about 5) as they have a lot of energy and require a lot of attention. If heís regularly not coming home from work after work, heís not being a supportive partner and co-parent.

If you are a housewife (ie: you simply donít work outside the home) - then itís not about his sharing responsibilities - itís about you being bored and needing companionship. You have a responsibility to entertain yourself. You are asking too much, IMO.

I am a housewife pregnant with our first kid. The initial argument was about he not spending enough time with me during my pregnancy. He has been to 2 walks with me. Has had plans on weekends with his friends when I have to sit home or stay at his friends house with his wife. He generally comes home by 7 and is always either watching tv or on his phone.

He leaves home at 8.30 and comes back at 6.30 or 7.00. Weand goes to sleep at 11. So basically I have 4.30 hrs with him in which we watch tv and have dinner.

Does he have a drinking problem? Or is this an occasional thing? Why can't you do things on weekends? Nagging never helps especially if he is passive aggressive and says "yes dear' only to keep on doing what he is doing.
    Originally Posted by Sanakhatib20
    Me and my partner had an argument about somethings that were bothering me. I am a housewife.

I also don't feel that he should not socialize. It was about going out the very next day we had a fight and he promised to make more time.

No he does not drink at all he just hangs out. I have never before stopped him from socializing. But I just wanted him to be home that one day since he made a promise a day before. I would have been fine any other day of the week.

I guess you should talk with him about this problem because you are pregnant and he should spend more time with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice