Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

No, because I was fast asleep. I can have panic attacks while fast asleep.

Oh wow, that's too bad.

I actually dreamed about the pandemic last night. That was a first. Of course, I wake up anxious every day.

I hope you get restful sleep tonight.

We live out deep deep in the forest and we have built an entire compound where all our families some strangers and people I know live in an inter-connected series of houses. There are underground connections and we are entirely self-sufficient. The entire compound is protected by fencing that is 50 feet high it reaches across the top and goes 30 feet into the ground. I visualize that and understand safety.

I used to envision something similar when I was a kid, especially as I was going to sleep. Lower fences, though.

I'm not sure when I stopped.

Yeah ,for me it seems to be in effective visualization to help me believe I’m safe.

That makes a lot of sense. It really struck me when I read that you thought this way. Made me realize that I was probably trying to deal with anxiety at the time. I think that my major issue was probably the disintegration of my parents' marriage.

Thanks! No it has tank top sleeves. 

Very cute!

That makes a lot of sense. It really struck me when I read that you thought this way. Made me realize that I was probably trying to deal with anxiety at the time. I think that my major issue was probably the disintegration of my parents' marriage.

Very cute!

Yes, visualization helps a lot with anxiety. It is how I self sooth for sleep. I also roll myself like a burrito in the blankets and sleep on my stomach.

Thank you about the dress!

Hopefully that wasn't TOO time consuming!

Today was pretty stressful. My son was so so stressed you could see his whole body shake and even his face was shaking. He’s difficult to support when he’s that stressed. I felt so bad for my sweetie.

Hubby went into work today to accept his offer. He said most likely he’ll be “a Padawan“ at his current unit for now until his course. He will shadow their current TDO. His course will be this October but who knows what’s happening with Covid. It’s kind of scary for him to go into a congregate living setting at this time.

My son said he was so stressed yesterday because he didn’t want to add any more financial stress to us by getting a newer phone. But he needs a reliable phone. He only got the iPhone 7 because it was the cheapest. It was about $460 and they gave it to him for 190 so he pays $7.92 a month for the phone but our plan had to go up a little bit so overall I think it’s about an extra $25 a month. And we got another 10 gigs, so between him and I we have 30 gigs of data per month and we don’t go anywhere. 🤦♀️ We are in Wi-Fi almost all the time. But we have enough gigs to become almost our own mobile hotspot😆