Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

The thing is it’s not easy to immigrate here either, not even for Americans.

My friend is very young. He's still at the age where he thinks if he wishes for something it will come true.

It's funny, he is the same age as my older child and they couldn't be more different. My son is married and owns a home and has had the same job for about 3 years. My friend bounces from job to job and home to home. He too is married but they move around frequently and do a lot of impulse buying, plus they keep adding pets which makes renting challenging. He is a super sweet guy and wouldn't hurt a fly, but he has trouble deciding what to do with his life. Which isn't a bad thing and certainly isn't uncommon but he makes his own life more difficult than it needs to be.

As for Canada, I think even if he could move there he would find it to be a big culture shock. Right now the US is being run in such a strange and unsettling way.

My friend is very young. He's still at the age where he thinks if he wishes for something it will come true.

It's funny, he is the same age as my older child and they couldn't be more different. My son is married and owns a home and has had the same job for about 3 years. My friend bounces from job to job and home to home. He too is married but they move around frequently and do a lot of impulse buying, plus they keep adding pets which makes renting challenging. He is a super sweet guy and wouldn't hurt a fly, but he has trouble deciding what to do with his life. Which isn't a bad thing and certainly isn't uncommon but he makes his own life more difficult than it needs to be.

As for Canada, I think even if he could move there he would find it to be a big culture shock. Right now the US is being run in such a strange and unsettling way.

Direct him to this page . https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

He doesn't actually mean he plans to move to Canada. I can't tell you how many times he's said he is going to or wants to do something and a day or two later he's on to a new plan. I told him he gives me whiplash. I never try to help him with any of his plans because they never last.

He really is a sweet guy. He just lacks direction and follow through and he is super impulsive. But he has a heart of gold.

He doesn't actually mean he plans to move to Canada. I can't tell you how many times he's said he is going to or wants to do something and a day or two later he's on to a new plan. I told him he gives me whiplash. I never try to help him with any of his plans because they never last.

He really is a sweet guy. He just lacks direction and follow through and he is super impulsive. But he has a heart of gold.

That kind of sounds like my husband when he was young. ❤️ Rebel without a clue. Lol

My dad is not doing well. He gets daily reminder calls for his meds. When he didn’t answer the police did a wellness check and found him passed out in his apartment. Back in his apartment with a severe infection from the operation.

I just sent this to the Premier’s Office :

Dear Sir,

My son is an Autistic adult who finds masking wear impossible due to intense sensory issues. Many people with my son’s disability find this very difficult. This can cause autistic people extreme distress where they melt down and become non-functional, non verbal or combative and with severe sensory issues actually cause them physical pain. This puts disabled people at risk of negative interactions with law enforcement or other people.

At this point my son can barely leave our home due to all the changes if the province goes to mandatory mask wearing my son will never be able to leave home to go anywhere. This greatly impacts his need to be independent and his mental well-being.

Is there a way the needs of the disabled can be accommodated?

Thank you Sir for your consideration and protecting all Ontarians and controlling the pandemic.

Sincerely,

I would think your son could get a medical exemption. Can his doctor provide documentation?

I'm sorry about your father, I hope he recovers soon.

I hope my dad recovers but physically speaking he has been so bad off medically and otherwise he wants to die. He is 74 and you would swear he was 104, literally. It would be a great relief for him to actually go. And in a way relief to us, we would now have to no longer worry about his welfare. It seems cruel but considering what he’s done... not really. My son gave me a hug without a prompt when he saw the tears in my eyes. 10 minutes later he started crying saying grandpa had always been good to him but he knows he is a bad bad person. My son fears my father’s destination after death and I told him I’m sure God will consider his severe mental illness and his own life trauma but we all pay for our actions.

I hope the dr would write my son a letter .

Got my hair cut ! Yay!

I bet it feels great.

I had an appointment for last Wednesday but I cancelled it. I didn't feel ready to be in close contact with a person for that long. Even with both of us wearing masks. I would like to try maybe in a couple of weeks.

I bet it feels great.

I had an appointment for last Wednesday but I cancelled it. I didn't feel ready to be in close contact with a person for that long. Even with both of us wearing masks. I would like to try maybe in a couple of weeks.

Yes , I would only go when you are comfortable! We only had about 120 new cases in my province today and maybe 300 country wide. ( new cases) My area is declared Covid free but be vigilant because it can return anytime.

Omg it feels so good.

That's great news.

My state is one of the worst. Probably 3rd or 4th most new cases percentage-wise in the past couple of weeks. People are spreading it like crazy. So in the meantime I will just have to start tying my hair up. I just ordered hair ties.

Hopefully before I return to work it will be safe enough for me to go.

That's great news.

My state is one of the worst. Probably 3rd or 4th most new cases percentage-wise in the past couple of weeks. People are spreading it like crazy. So in the meantime I will just have to start tying my hair up. I just ordered hair ties.

Hopefully before I return to work it will be safe enough for me to go.

I would be terrified to be where you are. I can’t blame you.

I would be terrified to be where you are. I can’t blame you.

That's the problem. My anxiety is based on reality. My fears are not manufactured out of nowhere but are caused by something that is very real and has proven in many cases to be either be extremely debilitating or deadly. My anxiety can't be treated like it normally would, with my psychologist encouraging me to try to be around people. Right now that is the very last thing I should be doing.

Your country was held up as an example of how the pandemic should be handled. I saw a program where the steps your country took were detailed. People did not politicize mask wearing and did not complain that wearing a mask violated their freedom. At least, it didn't seem like too many of them did.

Here, individual beliefs are valued far above the health and welfare of the general population.

And I'll stop there, because this is your journal.