Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Do you think Ernie may be reacting to Shay getting sick? Like maybe sometimes Shay might be slightly ill, just not enough for you to detect. But animals can sense more than we can, and some will attack another animal when he or she is weaker than usual.

Oh that is part of it for sure. Shay was the dominant cat and now when ill he can’t hold his own. But Ernie has been fine with him since April but once reved up you can’t unreve this cat. But the vet is convinced he has anxiety which he does which causes aggression. He DESPISES my daycare kids. They terrify him. And he Jumps at every little noise all the time. Really , the cat is a wreck and he needs an anti-anxiety med. Shay is my only cat without an attitude or behaviour issue.

I like rain, too. But, I can see how it might wear on some people, especially when it's always raining or damp.

I recently watched a series called "Alone," where contestants would try to outlast each other surviving alone and with almost no supplies in the wilderness for as long as possible.

Well, there were seven seasons in that series, three of them were on Vancouver Island, which is a temperate rainforest.

No single person could outlast 60 days on Vancouver Island, but people soared past 75 days in freezing cold places like Patagonia and the Arctic Circle.

It was all the rain. People just couldn't stay dry (and building fires was a b*tch).

I like rain, too. But, I can see how it might wear on some people, especially when it's always raining or damp.

I recently watched a series called "Alone," where contestants would try to outlast each other surviving alone and with almost no supplies in the wilderness for as long as possible.

Well, there were seven seasons in that series, three of them were on Vancouver Island, which is a temperate rainforest.

No single person could outlast 60 days on Vancouver Island, but people soared past 75 days in freezing cold places like Patagonia and the Arctic Circle.

It was all the rain. People just couldn't stay dry (and building fires was a b*tch).

Oh yeah I would rather freeze my butt than endless rain. There are some places in the Queen Charlottes where it rains every day.

I feel like I’ve turned the corner a bit mentally and cognitively. I’ve been in a huge struggle since August. My ability to plan and get anything together was really impacted. The amount of physical pain I was in was not helping. Now that has been subsiding a lot I can actually plan and see future. It came to me in a flash last night. I know I become quiet when I struggle. It is just my nature.

Do you think it's because your husband has been away?

That is part of it for sure. Part my dad . I didn’t know it was going to be this painful considering the relationship. My business is killing me physically, really. I’m not sure how I’m going to live out doing this six more years. My body can’t take the physical pounding. I am not sure where we are going or when. There is so much I can’t control right now and I am not happy when I can’t control things. Throw in COVID and the fact I am so hurting and so is my son with his emotional struggles over discrimination right now that in its self is unbearable. My husband said he is going to the place that refused my son entry without explanation to tell them how unbearable some things are for the disabled and why compassion and explanation are necessary and why he is removing his business from them. Companies and people are forgetting everything but their own fear at present. Humanity was missing before but now it’s very sorely lacking.