Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

My mother passed away in the early 1990s and I still catch myself thinking "I need to tell Mom about this!" when I see or read or hear about something I know she'd be interested in. I think about her every day.

And we had a difficult relationship. My regret is for how she isn't here anymore so I can't try to make our relationship better. I'm comforted knowing that if I'm chosen to go where she is after I die, none of it will matter. We can just be together, hopefully with everyone else we love who left this world.

I'm so sorry for your loss. (hugs)

It does take time. There are days my moms passing still does not register in my mind as real. Parents have such a large impact on our lives and our world, it's not easy to imagine them gone.

Sending you so much love.

Thank you so much. Hugs back to you . It is a forever pain isn’t it? My mom’s parents have been gone 40 and 45 years and she said she still feels the pain of their loss.

My mother passed away in the early 1990s and I still catch myself thinking "I need to tell Mom about this!" when I see or read or hear about something I know she'd be interested in. I think about her every day.

And we had a difficult relationship. My regret is for how she isn't here anymore so I can't try to make our relationship better. I'm comforted knowing that if I'm chosen to go where she is after I die, none of it will matter. We can just be together, hopefully with everyone else we love who left this world.

So true ,my mom had a difficult relationship with her mother as well and she said she still catches her self thinking oh I have to call mom or I need to tell mom this......; I wish I had my mom.

And we all know how difficult my relationship with my father was and yes on the day of his funeral I cried to my Aunt that I wish there had been days to fix things. But as she said he is perfect now and knows all and no need to fix anything.

Why are three chicken breasts $25???!! Do they expect us to starve to death?

What the?! That's craziness!!

I don't buy a lot of meat these days, but oftentimes when I do it ends up being less expensive than SOs "treat proteins". Like the Beyond Burgers, soy chicken nuggets, non dairy cheeses and ice cream.

Double edged sword in that popularity of plant based means more is available, but the prices haven't gone down and that those prices make my eyes water as a frugal person lol.

Wow. I bought frozen chicken thighs and it was about $10 US for about 8 pieces. I also bought fresh chicken thighs and it was about $6 US for 5 of them. But maybe the supply is less in Canada.

The thighs are definitely cheaper. It also depends where you shop and if it is local or import etc.

What the?! That's craziness!!

I don't buy a lot of meat these days, but oftentimes when I do it ends up being less expensive than SOs "treat proteins". Like the Beyond Burgers, soy chicken nuggets, non dairy cheeses and ice cream.

Double edged sword in that popularity of plant based means more is available, but the prices haven't gone down and that those prices make my eyes water as a frugal person lol.

Right? Meat products here have gone up about $10 per item and earlier in the Spring potatoes were $7 a bag. All I can say is thank God for the next three months the military will be feeding my husband. But I’m starting to question the validity of running a daycare when my last grocery bill yesterday was $400.

Whoa, is that just for snacks or do you provide lunch too?

No doubt you are getting hit by all sides of costs of living expenses for the daycare.

I do two snacks and hot lunch and crafts etc. I also bought $3000 worth of new toys and books and play equipment this year. And I have no idea how much tax they’re going to nail me for the eight grand I got in CERB. And I just paid $1600 for last year‘s taxes a few days ago.

But all of the equipment and food can be written off on your tax return, right? Here we can write off business expenses. I will even be able to write off my moving expenses because I moved for work.

It directly comes off my income. For instance I made $*** last year. After deductions I made *****out of which I paid 2 employees and paid $1600 in tax .