Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

I can’t believe how I’ve changed over the past few years . I would say I’m no longer depressed . Today when we were out for supper I heard one of my “ Emo death songs” I had no feeling about it whatsoever . I have even played some of my what I would call death songs and again no feeling whatsoever . I think I have been finally resurrected . That was definitely a sad 30+ years of a destroyed human being.

Now I am dealing with the physical damage now that I have dealt with the emotional damage .

One Day to be that golden bird .

I have to say I’m rather proud of myself . I was talking to J today and she mentioned needing to get to Walmart . She can’t go with her oldest daughter because the daughter’s husband is an a hole . And she mentioned being ticked off with his whole vendetta . I however did not offer to take her to Walmart ! Not my problem . Proud of myself. Instead I spent the morning decorating the front of my house and putting out my new chrysanthemums . ❤️

I have to say I’m rather proud of myself . I was talking to J today and she mentioned needing to get to Walmart . She can’t go with her oldest daughter because the daughter’s husband is an a hole . And she mentioned being ticked off with his whole vendetta . I however did not offer to take her to Walmart ! Not my problem . Proud of myself. Instead I spent the morning decorating the front of my house and putting out my new chrysanthemums . ❤️

I'm jealous. I live in a climate where it's next to impossible to grow anything. I keep trying because I'm an optimist, but the plants die every time.

Good for you for keeping your boundaries.

I'm jealous. I live in a climate where it's next to impossible to grow anything. I keep trying because I'm an optimist, but the plants die every time.

Good for you for keeping your boundaries.

I have a lot of hostas planted. But I have two great big huge wrought iron planters out front that my mom had at her house and every season I change the plants in them . So in spring I put out spring flowers in the fall I put chrysanthemums and at Christmas time there’s Christmas foliage in there .

It’s too bad you live in an area where you can’t grow things . :(

Yeah, I’m really glad I’m doing more things for me . There’s only so much you can do for others before you become a detriment to yourself .

The hospital did something very sweet for my FIL’s birthday. They got him a non alcoholic beer and a piece of cake. What they probably didn’t tell the hospital is that this man drank daily for decades. At least almost 6 decades. Not to the point of drunk but he drank daily. Apparently that is an old people European thing. So I am sure that didn’t add to his mood at first.

.........:

So , I fell asleep at 6:30. Not sure how. Have been awake since 2 with my 2 fractures annoying the crap out of me.

All smiles, I know what it takes to fool this town

I'll do it 'til the sun goes down and all through the night time

Oh yeah, oh yeah, I'll tell you what you wanna hear

Leave my sunglasses on while I shed a tear

It's never the right time, yeah, yeah

I put my armor on, show you how strong how I am

I put my armor on, I'll show you that I am

I'm unstoppable

I'm a Porsche with no brakes

I'm invincible

Yeah, I win every single game

I'm so powerful

I don't need batteries to play

I'm so confident, yeah, I'm unstoppable today

Unstoppable today, unstoppable today

Unstoppable today, I'm unstoppable today

Break down, only alone I will cry out now

You'll never see what's hiding out

Hiding out deep down, yeah, yeah

I know, I've heard that to let your feelings show

Is the only way to make friendships grow

But I'm too afraid now, yeah, yeah

I'm unstoppable

I'm invincible

I'm so powerful

I'm unstoppable

I'm invincible

I'm so powerful

The millennial generation is really disappointing me. They are not “ enlightened “ like they think they are. They are becoming thugs who oppose any opposition to what they think. They can’t tolerate difference or different ideas or lifestyle. They are one angry ass spoiled generation.

I take a lot of offence to that generalisation. Plus we were raised by your generation...

There are a lot of gen Z are the way you describe, again due to their upbringing.

Our views on our climate are ridiculed and our political views are mocked. We're left with a failing planet due to previous generations.

Sorry to get worked up over your post. You know I like you and respect you, I just feel it was uncalled for and a gross generalisation that has negative impacts across the board as it is a widespread generalisation leaving us struggling to be heard and understood.

• Like 1
I take a lot of offence to that generalisation. Plus we were raised by your generation...

There are a lot of gen Z are the way you describe, again due to their upbringing.

Our views on our climate are ridiculed and our political views are mocked. We're left with a failing planet due to previous generations.

Sorry to get worked up over your post. You know I like you and respect you, I just feel it was uncalled for and a gross generalisation that has negative impacts across the board as it is a widespread generalisation leaving us struggling to be heard and understood.

You don’t know what has upset me though and I can’t discuss it as it is political.

I am not gen Z. That is my son’s gen. I am gen X.

Example..someone I know , millennial who feels she is so very enlightened felt the need to verbally accosts other people having a peaceful protest. She felt the need to stop traffic with her car and spew verbal abuse at people and then posted on her Facebook page about how proud she is of her self. And on her business page posts always be kind to people. 🙄

She just lost her self a customer.

But that’s not what really got my crull.

And just remember every generation gets blamed for something and your child’s generation will blame you for something too.

I know gen z are the generation below myself dw.

I understand you're upset, but generalizing to such an extent as to accuse ALL millennials of being like that is damaging.

There are entitled cruel people in every generation.

I'm sorry things are so rough at present and I do hope things start to get better soon x

You’re right . I am sorry to generalize . There are good people in every generation. I was speaking in anger. Let me PM you about my issue. Sorry to have upset you Butters.