Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

This is where my son has huge issues along with sensory processing.

This makes so much sense with things our son has troubles with... like unzipping a jacket. Something that I don't think a neurotypical child would have so much anxiety and stress over, he does, and then even when I help him to figure it out, it's still something he can't let go of easily and he teeters on the edge of a meltdown, even though he was able to get it off and do the task.... It's like his brain gets overwhelmed by things (the executive function process) and then can't even understand himself why it's bothering him because it lasts long after the event.

Thanks for posting this, she explains things very well.

This makes so much sense with things our son has troubles with... like unzipping a jacket. Something that I don't think a neurotypical child would have so much anxiety and stress over, he does, and then even when I help him to figure it out, it's still something he can't let go of easily and he teeters on the edge of a meltdown, even though he was able to get it off and do the task.... It's like his brain gets overwhelmed by things (the executive function process) and then can't even understand himself why it's bothering him because it lasts long after the event.

Thanks for posting this, she explains things very well.

You are welcome. She has quite a few videos on topics that Autistic people face.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:21 PM, Seraphim said:

So this coming Friday my husband will be home!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ So damn excited!!

I went into People’s today and I might settle on this Vera Wang ring for my dad’s insurance money.

001(3).jpg

I really think it will be this ring but all will be revealed by this weekend. 

I've never been a huge KISS fan, but I think Gene Simmons is a funny guy, and I've liked the song "Beth" since I first heard it on my college roommate's Monster Ballads compilation tape. 

My boyfriend hates KISS, but I wanted him to listen to "Beth," because I think it's an interesting song.

WELL.  I'd never seen the video for "Beth," and neither did he. I don't know if KISS was trying to be funny, but we both laughed our asses off. Especially when they were all stomping along in their enormous shoes.

Great song, though :)

21 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

I've never been a huge KISS fan, but I think Gene Simmons is a funny guy, and I've liked the song "Beth" since I first heard it on my college roommate's Monster Ballads compilation tape. 

My boyfriend hates KISS, but I wanted him to listen to "Beth," because I think it's an interesting song.

WELL.  I'd never seen the video for "Beth," and neither did he. I don't know if KISS was trying to be funny, but we both laughed our asses off. Especially when they were all stomping along in their enormous shoes.

Great song, though 🙂

I would say I am a big Kiss fan. 

The song is sad for me because it reminds me of all the times my husband has been away. But not many hours now. He might be home about 4 tomorrow. 

I am so stinking excited .