Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Awesome :D :D

Absolutely! Last year we finally” made it” in terms of what I considered making it when I was young. We struggled a lot in our young years in every way including financially due to poor mental health. We didn’t really hit fully “ functional” until I would say almost 40. It took me a long time to flourish. I had jobs but was always poorly paid unless I was in the military.

When I was in my twenties in the 80’s “ making it” and being upper class was a 6 figure income. Now of course people barely make it in some areas with that.

But we hit 6 figures last year. 😀

So last night I managed to cut the nails on one of my Polydactyls. One of his claws was curving into his pad but hadn’t cut through yet. This is a cat who used to be very good at the vet but after one incident of being put in the dog room has had to be sedated for every appointment since. And I mean sedated to the point of unconscious. No I was very glad to be able to clip that nail and his other super long ones. I got his brother’s nails today his brother is much easier to do because he has a better temperament. I also got my old man cat’s nails. That is one worry away.

I was supposed to have a mammogram in May but that all got shut down because of COVID. I have been having on and off pain in one of my breasts but my mom has never had breast cancer or neither of my grandmothers never had it. I know pain itself is not an indication of cancer but I do talk to my doctor in August. I do have health phobia so this is causing anxiety.

Hubby is back to work almost everyday now.

I got to go to his commissioning ceremony. Of course everybody in the building has to wear a mask all the time. So his commissioning pictures believe it or not were done with masks on. His commanding officer handed me his new rank which I got to put on him . We got a nice picture though of just him and I . Everyone stood well back and him and I took our masks off and the photographer got a picture of me and him. It will be several months before we get the pictures but what can you do.

Church only had 15 people tonight. Sad. :(

Hubby is back to work almost everyday now.

I got to go to his commissioning ceremony. Of course everybody in the building has to wear a mask all the time. So his commissioning pictures believe it or not were done with masks on. His commanding officer handed me his new rank which I got to put on him . We got a nice picture though of just him and I . Everyone stood well back and him and I took our masks off and the photographer got a picture of me and him. It will be several months before we get the pictures but what can you do.

Church only had 15 people tonight. Sad. :(

Sounds like a nice ceremony!

Glad you were able to at least have one picture without the mask...

I was wondering yesterday if your church was “in person”.

Mine was thinking of opening up, but now numbers are increasing in Oregon so we will stay online for quite some time. But our minister delivered the sermon from the sanctuary yesterday- and she was the only one in the building. The worship team participated from their living rooms via Zoom

Sounds like a nice ceremony!

Glad you were able to at least have one picture without the mask...

I was wondering yesterday if your church was “in person”.

Mine was thinking of opening up, but now numbers are increasing in Oregon so we will stay online for quite some time. But our minister delivered the sermon from the sanctuary yesterday- and she was the only one in the building. The worship team participated from their living rooms via Zoom

For sure , I can’t wait to get the picture.

Our Church is in person.

Today the plumber had to come and unblock the bathroom sink. I had to herd the daycare littles outside. After he was gone I cleaned the bathroom and let everyone back in.