Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Driverís Seat (extended)

That must be so difficult.
    It speaks to your good heart that you have empathy for him and the situation even though it's not been an easy road for you with them.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is just so crazy to see someone once so vibrant become this . Itís devastating . They were just a little bit older than I am when I met them . And though itís been a very hard road there is love in my heart for almost every person . Everyone has good qualities except for those who are truly evil . He was an honest and forthright man which I really appreciated . At least you knew where you stood with the man . And I know he loves his son because when my husband was going to go to Afghanistan there were tears in his fatherís eyes . He was very choked up and itís the only time Iíve ever seen the man cry and all he could mutter was , take care of yourself boy , keep your head down. ď and you could tell he was heartbroken .

And you could see the way his eyes sparkled when he saw his grandson . And he would always say, how is me fine mate, hows me fine Nipper. ( in his east London accent )

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    My father-in-law never much cared for my husband being in the military . My father-in-law was forced into National Service. And my father-in-law hated and still hates to be forced into anything . Heís not a very cooperative human being and never has been. So he hated being in the army hated it beyond all dimension . He ended up serving in Malta and Egypt and hated the sand all the more . So he could never understand his sonís love for the military . When my father-in-law was a child in East London during World War II there was a lot of bombing and he spent a lot of time running to bomb shelters and some of his little friends were killed . And he carries deep deep wounds from that experience . Which Iím sure affected his temperament . Although I hear from my mother-in-law that his mother was just the same . My husbandĎs grandmother died the year I met him so about 30 years ago . And as she lived in the UK I never had a chance to meet her. Although she only ever saw her grandson maybe three times in her whole life .

I am so bad today I havenít even brushed my teeth and I am sitting here drinking a beer. Rock bottom. I woke up all night with horrific panic attacks. Took four times my medication and fell into exhaustion. ( 4 times my medication is only 1 mg of clonazepam.

Ok, I think I have myself together today. Hubby is home . I canít be a mess in front of the kids .

Dementia is almost like a death because the person ceases to be who they were . The body is there but not the person not the mind not the personality .

Apparently from what my husband was saying my father-in-law thought he was in the first house that they bought when they came to Canada . Not the house they were in for 40 years . I guess he has gone back to when he was like 30 years old.

But the hospital keeping him sedated is not helping his brain function. If they donít have him sedated they canít help him or he will beat the heck out of people or escape .

Platinum Member Butterfly~Wrists's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear how bad things are. I hope he gets the care he needs and not need to be sedated much longer, however it is for his own and others safety.
    You're strong, you've got this. Keep looking after yourself and be a rock for your hubby and soon. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family. Much love, butters xx

Thank you Butters .
    Originally Posted by Butterfly~Wrists
    I'm sorry to hear how bad things are. I hope he gets the care he needs and not need to be sedated much longer, however it is for his own and others safety.
    You're strong, you've got this. Keep looking after yourself and be a rock for your hubby and soon. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family. Much love, butters xx

My intense grief seems to have abated for an now. I feel somewhat better. I know there will be ups and downs . We are going down next Saturday for a visit.

My father-in-law will be getting a room at the behaviour section of the seniorís hospital as soon as thereís a bed for him .

We may not go down next Sat now. My MIL is still in the hospital due to a heart issue that flared. My son canít stand hospitals.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice