Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Ok, UTTERLY ridiculous ...... two days ago I put in my refill for my anxiety med and asked them to fax my dr to renew prescription. Today they said it would be ready. I called today and they tell me we have no fax back from your dr. Wth!!! I call my dr and they said they had no fax from my pharmacy. 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬

Ever since the new owner/pharmacist took over it has been a NIGHTMARE. I personally know 7 people who change pharmacies because they literally can’t take it anymore. It is constantly screwup after screwup after screwup. Running out of meds long lines . People fighting in the line. I am just frigging done. Now I won’t have my anxiety med until TUESDAY. 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Ugh, that's awful.

I was getting terrible service from Walmart (no surprise there, you get what you pay for) so I transferred all my prescriptions to CVS. Their service is OK, but they do have delivery available. I have to call every time I get a refill to ask for it to be delivered but it saves me from having to go inside. I have to remember to order refills a week before I run out because it takes an extra 2 days for delivery, but again, saves me from having to go inside the store.

Hopefully you can switch to a pharmacy with better service.

Ugh, that's awful.

I was getting terrible service from Walmart (no surprise there, you get what you pay for) so I transferred all my prescriptions to CVS. Their service is OK, but they do have delivery available. I have to call every time I get a refill to ask for it to be delivered but it saves me from having to go inside. I have to remember to order refills a week before I run out because it takes an extra 2 days for delivery, but again, saves me from having to go inside the store.

Hopefully you can switch to a pharmacy with better service.

Absolutely, I am going to change to the pharmacy at my local grocery. I have been at my current one 10 years. I have use this chain pharmacy for 35 years , never an issue. When the new owner/ pharmacist took over about nine months ago it’s been a nightmare ever since and with Covid It is now 1000 times worse.

I guess I get a crash detox . Lucky me. 😒

I was getting terrible service from Walmart (no surprise there, you get what you pay for) so I transferred all my prescriptions to CVS. Their service is OK, but they do have delivery available.

For the last few years, I've used CVS when I need to fill a prescription and to be honest, I really don't like it. The pharmacists and pharmacy techs seem miserable and the last couple of times I was there, one of them was literally yelling at the others.

Something seems to have happened to the pharmacy industry. It no longer appears to provide good jobs, and I believe that's really affected the level of service that I get.

My old pharmacist, who worked for a small chain, was AWESOME. He was very knowledgeable about the medications, and always told us when (and when not) to go for the generic. He filled all of the prescriptions for our family and thus had some familiarity with us. We weren't just some number to him. When he retired 15 years ago, I was surprised at how much I missed him. Every time I go to CVS and witness the misery there, I miss him!

I would definitely switch to the best pharmacist possible if I were you. I keep meaning to switch my pharmacy to a mom-and-pop in town, but I rarely get scripts filled and never think of it until I am really sick and need one.

I wonder if the decline in customer service has to do with how the industry is now managed. Insurance is a great thing to have but the providers have to deal with the insurance carriers greatly reducing the amount they pay for services. I don't know if the pharmaceutical industry is managed the same way. Plus with what appears to be an increase in people who take medications and maybe there is a lot of pressure to get the prescriptions filled as quickly as possible. I know the company I work for is putting a LOT of pressure on the employees to get our work done FAST and NOW!!! Which causes us to feel stressed and anxious, but it's what the customers have been promised so we have to deliver.

I don't love CVS but they offer delivery, so I figure it's the best option I have available.

I wonder if the decline in customer service has to do with how the industry is now managed. Insurance is a great thing to have but the providers have to deal with the insurance carriers greatly reducing the amount they pay for services. I don't know if the pharmaceutical industry is managed the same way. Plus with what appears to be an increase in people who take medications and maybe there is a lot of pressure to get the prescriptions filled as quickly as possible. I know the company I work for is putting a LOT of pressure on the employees to get our work done FAST and NOW!!! Which causes us to feel stressed and anxious, but it's what the customers have been promised so we have to deliver.

I don't love CVS but they offer delivery, so I figure it's the best option I have available.

I think what didn’t help was all of our medications got restricted to a 30 day supply. I also live in an area that has a very high retired/ older population which of course requires a lot of medication. Rest of the population is very young. There are very few middle-age people in my area. So you have sick older people and sick kids. And if you have more than one medication that means you’re going to be pretty much at the pharmacy every single week picking up your meds because they were whittle down to a 30 day supply. We have just gotten back to 90 days supply so hopefully that alleviates some of the problem.

Today I changed my pharmacy. I lost my shyte when they STILL didn’t have my prescriptions. Now that I have changed pharmacies they have held my anxiety med hostage at the old one🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

How can they hold it hostage when they never even filled it??

Can you call your doctor's office and ask them to transmit the prescription to the new pharmacy?

How can they hold it hostage when they never even filled it??

Can you call your doctor's office and ask them to transmit the prescription to the new pharmacy?

My doctor is closed now and they sent it to my original pharmacy which refuses to give it to my new one because they of course want to charge me for it. They released all my other prescriptions but that one.

My doctor is closed now and they sent it to my original pharmacy which refuses to give it to my new one because they of course want to charge me for it. They released all my other prescriptions but that one.

They want you to pay for a medication they don't even have yet? That makes no sense! I never have to pay until the prescription is actually filled.

I hope you get it all sorted out so you never have to deal with that pharmacy ever again.

They want you to pay for a medication they don't even have yet? That makes no sense! I never have to pay until the prescription is actually filled.

I hope you get it all sorted out so you never have to deal with that pharmacy ever again.

I have had them charge my insurance days before I ever get the prescription before. Hopefully my new pharmacy can sort it out. If I have to deal with it tomorrow I’m probably going to lose my mind and be super rude.

Yay!!! I got my meds!!! And then my stupid old pharmacy sent me a text saying my blood pressure med which I don’t need for 10 days is ready?!! But meanwhile a medication I needed five days ago you can’t have ready?? Not only that you’re not even supposed to have any of my prescriptions anymore you morons!

And as I thought my blood pressure meds and my cholesterol meds were not moved over from the old pharmacy to the new one because they didn’t even tell the new pharmacy about it. So thank GOD I noticed. They had my doctor in the wrong city and the wrong phone number and wonder he never gets the faxes. Now everything is moved from my old pharmacy to the new. And it is right in my grocery store where I shop anyway. Or if I am laid up at home they deliver.