Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planning to end it all on my next birthday, can't keep doing this anymore.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I understand.

I too, have not found the love of my life. I think if you focus on your studies and getting a job and a better circle of friends, things will come together. We cannot ever expect people to make us happy or complete. This is what we do for ourselves.

The group support is a great idea.
    I disagree, a good relationship is very important in life and can make everything else much better and more enjoyable. And there is nothing wrong with feeling incomplete without a significant other. It's just human nature. As for the rest, I really hope so. Because I've been trying it all for a long time now and I can't say I am at a point where I am satisfied with the results.

Platinum Member
    A partner is a bonus. We should never depend on others for our happiness. That is a big load to put on someone.

I am currently on my own and do not feel incomplete. I have to find happiness with in myself, and not count on others.

I am sorry, I respect your thoughts on this matter but I simply disagree. We are social creatures, if people could be on their own for long amounts of time and be quite happy nobody would feel the need to marry or make friends. A partner is not a bonus, a partner is a person who complements us and who we complement in return. I was at peace with being myself for some time in the past too, and I was relatively happy. But it can only last for so long. We should probably agree to disagree as I am not going to change my mind on this.

Originally Posted by Lonesnake
    I am sorry, I respect your thoughts on this matter but I simply disagree. We are social creatures, if people could be on their own for long amounts of time and be quite happy nobody would feel the need to marry or make friends. A partner is not a bonus, a partner is a person who complements us and who we complement in return. I was at peace with being myself for some time in the past too, and I was relatively happy. But it can only last for so long. We should probably agree to disagree as I am not going to change my mind on this.
    Perhaps itís this mindset, that you are not whole without someone else completing you that has lead to your current suicidal condition...what youíre describing is codependence, one should be with a partner out of want not need.

I find it incredible not telling how adamant you are that your mindset is correct even though it is a mindset that makes you want to completely give up on life... if you feel you arenít truly living without a girlfriend and you canít get one well it makes perfect sense you are in this predicament...

Just like many people are happily married or on relationships there are many people happily single or dating, if you have to have someone else to be happy, half of the word would be on their death beds...

Think about changing your mindset, that seems to be the core of this. And you didnít post 9 years ago it was 4...

Like before you are reaching out for help, meaning you arenít ready to give up quite yet which means thereís still hope, never forget that, thereís always hope. Are you aware of sucicide hotlines? Are you in the care of a therapist? Do you see a Dr. regularly for check up etc.

Platinum Member
    Complement, not complete.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    And you didnít post 9 years ago it was 4...
    I've been a member of this site since August 2010. That's 9 years ago. You can check my join date.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    Complement, not complete.
    That's the word I used. Complement.

I've been a member of this site since August 2010. That's 9 years ago. You can check my join date.
    I understand, I meant since your last post, you stated you were last here in 2010 and nothingís changed but you were here in 2015 and you had made mention of improvements as well as pitfalls, unfortunately when weíre in a depressive state all we see is hopeless blackness but you gotten out before and you can, with help, get out again....

That was the point I was making.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    I understand, I meant since your last post, you stated you were last here in 2010 and nothingís changed but you were here in 2015 and you had made mention of improvements as well as pitfalls, unfortunately when weíre in a depressive state all we see is hopeless blackness but you gotten out before and you can, with help, get out again....

That was the point I was making.
    Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. I did come back here briefly in 2015. Things were a bit better back then, I was just having a short period of hopelessness. I need to check my post to remember all the details though.

Platinum Member
    "Meds won't bring me the love of my life for instance." This sounds like you are looking for someone to complete you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice