Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Planning to end it all on my next birthday, can't keep doing this anymore.

Originally Posted by loyal
    I studied English Literature too! It can be tough, but is totally worth it!
    Yeah I really like it. Always wanted to study it so here I am.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    It's a great goal, OP.

You say you don't have friends you can rely on. Are there ways you can focus on fostering new friendships? Clubs or teams you might join, either at school or in your community?
    I am afraid my university is not very social. There are some clubs and such but they don't do much. As for my community, there is no such thing here. I don't have a community I am afraid. I met a lot of people over the years as I make friends easily. I haven't met many true ones though. It always ends the same way.

Originally Posted by melancholy123
    Have you had therapy for your suicidal thoughts?
    Yeah, I've been dealing with depression since I was 14. I've had therapy since then, on and off. There is a new doctor I've been seeing for about two-three years now.

Platinum Member
    Are you on meds?

Yeah I am. I use Lustral, think it has a different name in other countries. Contains sertralin.

Platinum Member
    Is your doctor aware that it is not working?

Yeah she is.

Platinum Member
    Why hasn't she changed them?

Well I have two doctors, one is my therapist. The other one prescribes my meds. And it's because we tried all sorts of meds and this is the one that was best for me. Minimal side effects and such. Right now I am using the ideal dosage for me. Changing it won't change anything in my life anyway, my problems go deeper than that. Meds won't bring me the love of my life for instance. It's fine as it is, if we make a radical change it will make things worse, my body is very sensitive to such things so we are being very careful.

Platinum Member
    Hey Lone, I've been where you are and one thing that helped me a lot, more than private therapy even, were support groups, moderated by a therapist but he/she is not directly involved.

I received tons of support there from both men and women either experiencing the feelings I was or other feelings, we all sort of bounced our thoughts back and forth and at times had fun doing so.

I learned a lot too, about myself, life, love, relationships. As I said more so than from private therapy.

Still do your private therapy though, but since you said you feel alone a lot of times, you won't feel alone at your group sessions, you may even make some good friends.

It helped me a lot anyway, worth considering?

Like I can even see a change in you here, the higher spirits after the support you're getting on this forum.

Imagine getting this type of support in person and on a greater scale?

Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Hey Lone, I've been where you are and one thing that helped me a lot, more than private therapy even, were support groups, moderated by a therapist but he/she is not directly involved.

I received tons of support there from both men and women either experiencing the feelings I was or other feelings, we all sort of bounced our thoughts back and forth and at times had fun doing so.

I learned a lot too, about myself, life, love, relationships. As I said more so than from private therapy.

Still do your private therapy though, but since you said you feel alone a lot of times, you won't feel alone at your group sessions, you may even make some good friends.

It helped me a lot anyway, worth considering?

Like I can even see a change in you here, the higher spirits after the support you're getting on this forum.

Imagine getting this type of support in person and on a greater scale?
    I actually never thought about this before. It could indeed help me a lot yeah, thanks for making me aware of this option. It is indeed worth considering. I am glad it helped you a lot.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Lonesnake
    Well I have two doctors, one is my therapist. The other one prescribes my meds. And it's because we tried all sorts of meds and this is the one that was best for me. Minimal side effects and such. Right now I am using the ideal dosage for me. Changing it won't change anything in my life anyway, my problems go deeper than that. Meds won't bring me the love of my life for instance. It's fine as it is, if we make a radical change it will make things worse, my body is very sensitive to such things so we are being very careful.
    I understand.

I too, have not found the love of my life. I think if you focus on your studies and getting a job and a better circle of friends, things will come together. We cannot ever expect people to make us happy or complete. This is what we do for ourselves.

The group support is a great idea.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice