Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feelings for ex returning after years. ?

Platinum Member
    You still miss what you "lost". It's making you miss what you "have". Focus on the present, where you are, what you are connected to now. Be grateful that your ex is not a monster, and that she can still be a good mom to your daughter. Think of how she adds to your life in it's current form rather than the destructive ways she has subtracted from your life in the past, or could subtract in the future. It can be a blessing instead of a curse.

You're happy now. You "won". Closure is overrated.

Thatís good advice, when it was all happening there was always something that made me feel a bit better. It was that boyfriends and girlfriends may come and go over the next couple of decades but my ex wife and I will still dance at our daughters wedding.

Admittedly it wasnít all sparks and fire with my current partner, we were already friends.
    Time for a weekend away from the kids I think. Either that or itís time for a mid life crisis, but I donít like yellow Porscheís.

My partners mother has just been diagnosed with cancer. Time to grow up and be there for her like she has been there for me.
    Thanks all

Platinum Member
    I'm sorry for her loss. A good reminder that life is short and it's important to focus on the here and now while it lasts.

Silver Member
    Originally Posted by Bobby987
    My partners mother has just been diagnosed with cancer. Time to grow up and be there for her like she has been there for me.
    Thanks all
    Yes indeed. Be there completely for her. You are a good man.

I agree that you should focus your energy on your partner now and try to nurture your relationship especially after you get married. Read books on how to strengthen your marriage and your family.

When it comes to your ex, you donít know what you are going into. However, you know what you have been through. It does not take rocket science. You have seen the painful history so do not fool yourself with fantasy or you might wake up in another nightmare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice