Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it ok for a man in his mid 40ís-early 50ís to party?

Is it ok for a man in his mid 40ís-early 50ís to party?

I am speaking from experience..my ex was 45. He would drink heavy every weekend, and would say ďitís a cultural thingĒ I think thatís a cop out but thatís just me..I second guessed myself thinking maybe Iím judging but at 45, drinking all weekend long and at LEAST 2 days during the week and then laughing about it in the morning..itís a huge turnoff..itís like a frat boy..is it just me?

It's very frat boy. He hasn't grown up yet.

Platinum Member
    It's "ok" because it's his life and he can live as he chooses. You didn't describe any illegal activity.

Of course, you can decide that this type of man isn't the type you want to be personally involved with.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    It's very frat boy. He hasn't grown up yet.
    I figured as much..not my problem anymore thank goodness. Canít imagine being married to him

Originally Posted by Gymgirl71
    I figured as much..not my problem anymore thank goodness. Canít imagine being married to him
    Well, I'm sure there are some women who would think it's ok, but I'm not one of them. Neither are you, apparently. :)

It's not my 'culture'

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    Well, I'm sure there are some women who would think it's ok, but I'm not one of them. Neither are you, apparently. :)

It's not my 'culture'
    yeah ďcultureĒ I guess itís cool if your 21

ooooooooooooomg WHAT A KLLLLLLOOOOOSERRRRRRRRRR lol gurl u dodged a bullet BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow what is he stuck in 1995 LOL??????

Originally Posted by j.man
    ooooooooooooomg WHAT A KLLLLLLOOOOOSERRRRRRRRRR lol gurl u dodged a bullet BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow what is he stuck in 1995 LOL??????
    I donít even know...he must be. I feel sorry for his a**...he thinks he is going to attract a mature woman acting this way...he called me laughing saying he has such a fun life.. I felt like I wanted to puke...he has mental issues but heís not dealing with it and drinking away his troubles..donít get me wrong heís fun to hang out with if you feel like drinking..but thatís as far as it goes..smh

So I guess its safe to say youre still very much in the codependent/enabling cycle....and hes not blocked yet...

I never really know what to do with posts like this.

I mean, I could answer your question directly, but it sounds like you're pretty hung up on a guy you're frustrated about still being hung up on. So, sure, we can all grab some darks and toss them at his face with youópartying at 45? OMG!óbut does that really help? J.man can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the sarcasm of his post was directed at your ex's behavior so much as the context (and subtext) of this here thread.

If you couldn't imagine marrying him, and you want to be with someone you can imagine marrying, then you should be pretty stoked right now: free to pursue that, without worrying about this dude, how he chooses to live his life, and what we internet strangers think about it.

Hope that doesn't sound harsh. I just think you're looking for something to be angry about, or obsessed with, and my opinions about alcohol and drug use post 40 (probably more liberal than others on here) aren't really going to offer much of a toehold on the wall you're actually climbing.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice