Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very complicated situation (22/F) and feeling very depressed.

I feel sick to my stomach over what Iíve done. Iíve always thought of myself as a genuine person and I feel disgusting right now. I am so sad Iíve let myself get this low and let someone treat me that way.

Don't blame the drugs. Lots of people get drunk, do drugs. They don't all turn violent and attack women. In fact, most don't. They just laugh more than usual, fall asleep during movies, and can't walk in the straightest of lines for a few hours.

Something in you is trying to find excuses for him. Whatever that isówell, that's for therapy, to be purged through understanding. Understand that part of you and you won't be so drawn to men like this. You'll know you're worth much, much more, because you are.

But I didnít tell him about the HPV. Thats what is killing me inside. I had every intention and I chickened out. I never wanted to be this person I became that day.

Platinum Member
    There is no future with this guy! He is abusive and a drug user. What is appealing about this?

Did you tell your family and friends? If not, then why not?

What would you advise a sister or friend in this scenario?

Platinum Member
    Why are you going on and on about what you have done,what about what HE has done? Wake up! You can't be that desperate to have a man like this on your life! He is abusive!

Send him a text with the info, then block him!

I was attracted to his personality. I would probably advise them not to say anything considering how he acted over small things and the fact that he was aggressive with me for no reason. I feel that if I do tell him now, he will have nothing but horrible things to say/do to me. Which is what Iím most scared of.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by beeurself173
    I feel sick to my stomach over what Iíve done.
    I feel sick to my stomach reading this.

Sick that your self-esteem is so low and the hatred you feel for yourself so strong that you are worried a man who verbally and physically abused you the way he did won't like you.

This "person" even warned you saying that (the abuse) is what you'd be getting yourself into if you continue dating him.

Only worse most likely, like he may do what other abusers have done, toss acid in your face disfiguring you for lfe.

Google it, there are many stories written about it, or boyfriends cutting off limbs or equally horrendous acts of violence toward their partners.

Yeah that is what you have to look forward to if you stay.

He warned you. And if you continue dating him, the message you're sending is "bring it on! I deserve it."

Is that the message you truly want to send or would you rather spend your time and energy in a therapist's office exploring why you hate yourself so much and take steps to heal?

This saddens me so much, I hope you are listening to all our advice, will get rid of this lunatic and get some help.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by beeurself173
    I was attracted to his personality. I would probably advise them not to say anything considering how he acted over small things and the fact that he was aggressive with me for no reason. I feel that if I do tell him now, he will have nothing but horrible things to say/do to me. Which is what Iím most scared of.
    Would you tell them to end things or continue with an abusive man?

Platinum Member
    What do mean "sort have been seeing?"

End things. I know what I have to do, just feeling guilty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice