LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife's sex drive

Wife's sex drive

Hi, I'm new to this but my and my wife are having troubles I get jealous of her as she has an active social life and I don't she doesn't hang around with other lads just girls but I don't have any friends outside of work, and she has a very low sex drive (almost none existant) and I feel under confident because of this. When I do talk about it I feel bad, Ive been with her for 17years.

Marriage counselling. Often what happens in the relationship reflects in the bedroom

Platinum Member
    Have you attempted to expand your friend group?

Has she been to an endocrinologist?

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Marriage counselling. Often what happens in the relationship reflects in the bedroom
    - Yup. If she was not like this in the beginning, she's lost desire because her love level has gone down. You need to find out where you have taken her for granted and get her love level back up

I probably could try harder in some ways, she is on some medication that might have an affect on her sex drive.

Silver Member
    Please don't be jealous that she has an active social life. Perhaps you should find some things to occupy your time outside of work and home life? Make some friends, take up a hobby...I would be willing to bet that this might increase the desire between the two of you...

If you have no life of your own and appeared jealous of any time your wife spends away from you, that might be a turn off.

How about you work at having a full, interesting life of your own? I can't help but think that you make you more attractive and not so insecure. In turn it might change her feelings towards you.

Just based on what you wrote I get the sense that this isn't about your `wife's sex drive' but more about whether or not she's attracted to you to begin with.

Lack of sex is a probably a symptom of something larger. Address the larger issue first.

Women tend to find confidence and independence to be attractive. Keeping the spark alive in a marriage is hard! Start focusing a little bit more on yourself. Consider taking up a new active hobby or exploring your passions. Once you have your own life, I expect she will take more interest in being a part of it.

Thank you for all your advice, my wife has been saying things like this for a while I have just enrolled in kick boxing, when I try to organise time out with people things always fall through and eventually you start telling yourself it's not meant to be and just Bury your head in the sand. We had another blow out tonight, I admit I used to be a jealous person especially as I let myself go however I feel its under control and has been for a long time but obviously there's little bits pop through every now and then (I'm only human and far from perfect). I have been toying with the possibility of using illegal narcotics (speed, coke) to help me lose some weight but I can't bring my self to do it.

Get a check up from a doctor the enlist the services and help of a dietitian and physical trainer. Getting yourself and your health together is the first step.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice