Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He asked for divorce twice after 2 months of marriage

If you and he dont want to get marriage counseling it's time to call a lawyer and end this.

Can you explain what you mean when you say he's using the marriage to get what he wants?

Maybe one of the things he wants is for you to be a contributor to the household expenses. Has he been paying for everything? Is your new business bringing in enough money?

I have a sneaky feeling that the source of your issues is money.

When he says that he hasn't felt listened to, what is he wanting you to listen to him about? Responsibility? Not quitting your job just because you're stressed? If so, those are legitimate concerns on his part.

I'm not sure I understand your situation. Did either of you talk about your new business venture together before the plan to quit your previous job? There's a lot that goes into starting a new business. If there are disagreements from the start or one person goes ahead while the other has reservations, it's usually not good in the long run. Try going through the series of decisions and thoughts that caused the rifts between the both of you. Some of them may be difficult to reverse now but it helps to recognize them and it might help both of you come to a solution together. The key is to come to solutions together.

If my husband ever threatened divorce, I'd tell him to move out and go and get one.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by MELISSA999
    That's what I want to explain, he said he was never happy with me but he was waiting for me to be in a better situation ( I quit my job to start a business)because my job was very stressful before. He said that he was waiting for change after that and that he never felt listened to. I have to say that what is important for him is not that important for me and vice versa. For me I was as good as I could but not for him! We are not talking about divorce anymore but our relationship still in trouble
    If he was never happy with you, why did you marry him?
    He waited to marry you until you were in a better situation or waited to leave you when you were in a better situation?
    "what is important to him is not important to me" speaks of having very different goals and values - you should not have married in the first place.
    If he tells you he was never happy - then when things are acceptable to him, he will raise the bar higher.

Platinum Member
    ...and the second time that he brought it, he said that I have 3 days to pack.
    He sounds like an abuser who has a girlfriend.

Is this an arranged marriage? Is he having an affair? Was he this abusive while you were dating? Read up on abusive relationships. Do nothing with him.

Do not discuss your feelings with him. Instead talk to close family and friends about what is going really going on. Immediately make an appt with an attorney and a therapist. Consult with the attorney regarding your options in the event of divorce. Consult a therapist regarding the threats and mental abuse.

Do this privately and confidentially. Do not discuss seeing an attorney or therapist with him. Check your bank records, credit cards and credit score. Something is up.
    Hi,
    My husband and I got married after 2 years of dating. he said that I have 3 days to pack. My theory is that he is using the marriage to get what he wants but the problem is for me everything went well until now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice