are multiple breakups a sign of neediness?

hide

A girl at my high school has had a boyfriend for 3 years, starting in freshmen year. in the past 8 months, he has dumped her twice and gotten back together again. both times she used other guys to make him jealous and get him back. Is this normal for a high school girl to do? or is this a sign of neediness

There is nothing normal about high school kids. Girls or boys. If she thinks that using other guys will make him jealous, then she is quite immature. And if he falls for it, then he is a bit of a wet noodle.

This couple sounds like drama...constant drama. Some people thrive on that kind of relationship. They also have very few meaningful relationships. My bet is that they are both incredibly needy.

It sounds like they can't get along and are playing immature high school games. Do you have a bf?

A girl at my high school has had a boyfriend for 3 years, starting in freshmen year. in the past 8 months, he has dumped her twice and gotten back together again. both times she used other guys to make him jealous and get him back. Is this normal for a high school girl to do? or is this a sign of neediness

It's not unusual for high school relationships to be filled with drama and blunders. These are essentially kids dipping their toes in the world of romance for the first time; they're bound to mess up, make regrettable choices, not use their best decision-making skills. It's all part of growing and learning about relationships.

They're both inherently immature at this point in life, and their behaviour with each other reflects that. He bounces back and forth between her and other girls; she uses other guys to get his attention. They're both needy, in different ways.

I'm curious to hear why it's of interest to you, exactly; how do you know these two? Are they friends, or are you romantically interested in one of them?

High school kids don't know about life and relationships yet. You have to live it and go through so many people and dynamics to learn about what it takes to get along with others, whom to avoid, how to be selective, how to behave and how to navigate one's life in this complex world.

Neediness is the same as clingy insecurity. That changes after a person becomes self confident and successful in their own right.

When I attended my high school reunion, NO ONE was the same as when we were teenagers. Everyone grew up, matured drastically and we've all changed exponentially.

You need to get over this girl and start dating other girls.

I am sophomore in highschool. There is this girl ive been interested for awhile. A long time ago she was going through some troubles with her boyfriend about a year into the relationship and she started showing some interest in me. I never reciprocated this flirting because she had a boyfriend and I did not want to put her in a bad situation. Now, it is a year later and she broke up with her boyfriend 2 weeks ago.

Three years is like 6 in high school years. They're bored and don't know what else to do but drive one another nuts. Normal high schoolers outgrow relationships quickly and move forward, but these two are likely stunted.

If you're trying to involve yourself with the girl, skip that until after graduation. Unless you don't mind being misused by someone who has 3 years of development to make up for.

It's not unusual for high school relationships to be filled with drama and blunders. These are essentially kids dipping their toes in the world of romance for the first time; they're bound to mess up, make regrettable choices, not use their best decision-making skills. It's all part of growing and learning about relationships.

They're both inherently immature at this point in life, and their behaviour with each other reflects that. He bounces back and forth between her and other girls; she uses other guys to get his attention. They're both needy, in different ways.

I'm curious to hear why it's of interest to you, exactly; how do you know these two? Are they friends, or are you romantically interested in one of them?

I am friends with the girl. I am a dude. after hearing about this, and seeing the replies on this thread i feel pretty disappointed in myself that I would waste my time being friends with her. I'm just going to completely ignore her, as I normally dont waste my time with people who are negative/immature. Can this whole situation be an accurate judge of character for her?

You need to get over this girl and start dating other girls.

You got me lol! You are totally right. Im not searching for a girlfriend (Im mainly focused on school), but this is the only girl that approached me and ended up causing a lot of confusion for me since I am pretty inexperienced in the dating world. With the help of this forum I now know that I should have never even gotten myself into this. I appreciate you looking into my other posts and I am for sure over this girl now, thanks!

Archived