Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do liars and cheaters continue to flourish?

Why do liars and cheaters continue to flourish?

I realize that this post is going to make me sound like Iíve been bitten by the jealousy monster, but I promise thatís not the case. Basically, I am a teacher, a fellow teacher that I work with has a history of lying and cheating. For example, just a couple months ago when it was time for our big end of year test that counts for our evaluation, several of her students told other teachers that she cheated by telling them the answers on the test. When this information was presented to admin, they did nothing. This same teacher is the coordinator of the after school/summer program, which pays extremely well. She lies on her time sheet in order to get paid for hours she didnít work. She even went as far as to get paid for 2 weeks that she was at the beach. She also uses the supply money from the grant to buy herself personal items. Many teachers have witnessed this. When this information was presented to admin, they did what? Nothing. She lies EVERY DAY. Now a new position has opened at my school that would be a promotion. She applied for it among many others (not me) with the same if not better credentials that she has. She gets the job. The reason Iím so upset is because another teacher, who I know personally is an honest person that is 100% there for the kids and not the pay check was overlooked. She even has a higher degree than the liar. But, the liar is friends with the principal. Why does this liar, cheater, embezzler, etc. continue to flourish and be handed promotions at work when she is not a good person and administration knows she lies and cheats? What ever happened to karma? This makes me question everything I believed to be true about life.

I think that habitually dishonest people eventually get what's coming to them. The longer they go without consequences, the bigger risks they'll take until karma catches up to them.

Originally Posted by SarahLancaster
    I think that habitually dishonest people eventually get what's coming to them. The longer they go without consequences, the bigger risks they'll take until karma catches up to them.
    I hope you are right! Itís just so unfair.

It actually sounds like your particularly school system is corrupt.

Being friends with the principal is likely one reason good things come her way. Dont worry, karma will bite her in the butt one day.

Liars lie to get what they want, they think they are smarter than others and nobody can see what they are doing. I had a brother in law who lied all the time, it was so annoying. He was a nice guy but you couldnt believe a thing he said. He wanted to make himself sound bigger, more important than anyone else.

Platinum Member
    Ooooh, so frustrating. I so much feel your pain!

I agree, that karma will eventually catch up to her (maybe), and that your system is corrupt. Both things can be true, unfortunately.

And unfortunately, this type of stuff goes on so much more than you think. Squeaky people like this seem to lie and cause destruction, and then move on to other, sometimes higher, positions, before ever getting caught. All the while being so loved by upper management, being applauded and rewarded.

All you can do is stay in your own lane. Focus on your own ethics and values, and keep your blinders on about what she is doing. She may end up the Principal one day, to whom you report.....ugh, I know. At that time, or maybe before, it might be time to look for another job.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this; it does suck. And yes, I've been there!

Why was the Zodiac Killer never caught? Why did Pol Pot die comfortably under house arrest? Why do children die of leukemia? **** not being fair is right up there with gravity and inertia. Look to what you've got and be happy for what's worth being happy for. You can be guaranteed there are far worse injustices going on, even within your proximity. How are you aware of half of this stuff anyway? You going through her timesheets? Verifying that her paychecks reflect them? How do you know how much vacation she has banked to get paid during a beach trip? So much of your complaints about her stem from "other teachers' or "many teachers." How are you familiar with what goes on between her and the administration? How do you know what comes out of supply money vs. her personal money? Like 95% of these things are matters you should be completely in the dark about.

Hard to tell if the school's corrupt or if a clique of unprofessional teachers are simply happy to let rumors run wild. You'll be much happier focusing on your work.

Platinum Member
    If the admin encourages her, then they are complicit in her schemes.

That said, don't make other teachers issues to be your issues.

Like the previous comments said, focus on your own destiny.

Originally Posted by j.man
    Why was the Zodiac Killer never caught? Why did Pol Pot die comfortably under house arrest? Why do children die of leukemia? **** not being fair is right up there with gravity and inertia. Look to what you've got and be happy for what's worth being happy for. You can be guaranteed there are far worse injustices going on, even within your proximity. How are you aware of half of this stuff anyway? You going through her timesheets? Verifying that her paychecks reflect them? How do you know how much vacation she has banked to get paid during a beach trip? So much of your complaints about her stem from "other teachers' or "many teachers." How are you familiar with what goes on between her and the administration? How do you know what comes out of supply money vs. her personal money? Like 95% of these things are matters you should be completely in the dark about.

Hard to tell if the school's corrupt or if a clique of unprofessional teachers are simply happy to let rumors run wild. You'll be much happier focusing on your work.
    She leaves the timesheets on the table where anyone can see them and she brags about the fact that she uses the grant money to buy personal items because ďthe money will go to waste if she doesnít use itĒ which is untrue. It should be spent on things the students need. Not home decor or materials to build a bar by her pool. So no, itís not just rumors. But thanks for being rude per usual.

As a person who sees the world in black-and-white very much a realist I do not believe for a single second that karma exists.

Iíve said this before on this board multiple times we humans we are some self centered conceited narcissistic beings, we just are think about it to believe that our own personal moral beliefs dictate a universal right and wrong in a world where children starve to death, this universal entity goes and worries about the fact that Becky stole your sandwich? Of course not.

Iím not saying this to get into a debate with anybody anything like that Iím saying this to pre-face my advice to you I think the healthiest most responsible thing for you to do you allow yourself to be angry and then move on. Iím serious that is going to be the best solution for you waiting around watching and hoping something bad happens to somebody... not only is it kind a mean spirited itís a waste of your positive energy sitting in negativity because hoping something bad happens to someone simply because we donít like them is a very negative thing.

Yesterday I was in a huge funk because a very similar reasons to you the unfairness and favoritism in my job really got me down and make me feel defeated yesterday and thatís OK to feel like that sometimes but you canít let it eat you up and dictate or change who you are and what youíre about.

Be irritated give yourself a moment allow those emotions to naturally work themselves through please do not dwell on something like this it is not worth it. Sleep well at night knowing that you do your job correctly and efficiently every day.

In a nut shell what Iím saying is pull up your big girl panties and focus on you. And itís not rude, itís being an adult, she can have them out for all to see, she can be bragging...walk away...or report it...letting it eat at you though? No no no not a good idea...
    Last edited by figureitout23; 06-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice