Why do liars and cheaters continue to flourish?

I realize that this post is going to make me sound like I’ve been bitten by the jealousy monster, but I promise that’s not the case. Basically, I am a teacher, a fellow teacher that I work with has a history of lying and cheating. For example, just a couple months ago when it was time for our big end of year test that counts for our evaluation, several of her students told other teachers that she cheated by telling them the answers on the test. When this information was presented to admin, they did nothing. This same teacher is the coordinator of the after school/summer program, which pays extremely well. She lies on her time sheet in order to get paid for hours she didn’t work. She even went as far as to get paid for 2 weeks that she was at the beach. She also uses the supply money from the grant to buy herself personal items. Many teachers have witnessed this. When this information was presented to admin, they did what? Nothing. She lies EVERY DAY. Now a new position has opened at my school that would be a promotion. She applied for it among many others (not me) with the same if not better credentials that she has. She gets the job. The reason I’m so upset is because another teacher, who I know personally is an honest person that is 100% there for the kids and not the pay check was overlooked. She even has a higher degree than the liar. But, the liar is friends with the principal. Why does this liar, cheater, embezzler, etc. continue to flourish and be handed promotions at work when she is not a good person and administration knows she lies and cheats? What ever happened to karma? This makes me question everything I believed to be true about life.

Being friends with the principal is likely one reason good things come her way. Dont worry, karma will bite her in the butt one day.

Liars lie to get what they want, they think they are smarter than others and nobody can see what they are doing. I had a brother in law who lied all the time, it was so annoying. He was a nice guy but you couldnt believe a thing he said. He wanted to make himself sound bigger, more important than anyone else.

Ooooh, so frustrating. I so much feel your pain!

I agree, that karma will eventually catch up to her (maybe), and that your system is corrupt. Both things can be true, unfortunately.

And unfortunately, this type of stuff goes on so much more than you think. Squeaky people like this seem to lie and cause destruction, and then move on to other, sometimes higher, positions, before ever getting caught. All the while being so loved by upper management, being applauded and rewarded.

All you can do is stay in your own lane. Focus on your own ethics and values, and keep your blinders on about what she is doing. She may end up the Principal one day, to whom you report.....ugh, I know. At that time, or maybe before, it might be time to look for another job.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this; it does suck. And yes, I've been there!

Why was the Zodiac Killer never caught? Why did Pol Pot die comfortably under house arrest? Why do children die of leukemia? **** not being fair is right up there with gravity and inertia. Look to what you've got and be happy for what's worth being happy for. You can be guaranteed there are far worse injustices going on, even within your proximity. How are you aware of half of this stuff anyway? You going through her timesheets? Verifying that her paychecks reflect them? How do you know how much vacation she has banked to get paid during a beach trip? So much of your complaints about her stem from "other teachers' or "many teachers." How are you familiar with what goes on between her and the administration? How do you know what comes out of supply money vs. her personal money? Like 95% of these things are matters you should be completely in the dark about.

Hard to tell if the school's corrupt or if a clique of unprofessional teachers are simply happy to let rumors run wild. You'll be much happier focusing on your work.

Why was the Zodiac Killer never caught? Why did Pol Pot die comfortably under house arrest? Why do children die of leukemia? **** not being fair is right up there with gravity and inertia. Look to what you've got and be happy for what's worth being happy for. You can be guaranteed there are far worse injustices going on, even within your proximity. How are you aware of half of this stuff anyway? You going through her timesheets? Verifying that her paychecks reflect them? How do you know how much vacation she has banked to get paid during a beach trip? So much of your complaints about her stem from "other teachers' or "many teachers." How are you familiar with what goes on between her and the administration? How do you know what comes out of supply money vs. her personal money? Like 95% of these things are matters you should be completely in the dark about.

Hard to tell if the school's corrupt or if a clique of unprofessional teachers are simply happy to let rumors run wild. You'll be much happier focusing on your work.

She leaves the timesheets on the table where anyone can see them and she brags about the fact that she uses the grant money to buy personal items because “the money will go to waste if she doesn’t use it” which is untrue. It should be spent on things the students need. Not home decor or materials to build a bar by her pool. So no, it’s not just rumors. But thanks for being rude per usual.

As a person who sees the world in black-and-white very much a realist I do not believe for a single second that karma exists.

I’ve said this before on this board multiple times we humans we are some self centered conceited narcissistic beings, we just are think about it to believe that our own personal moral beliefs dictate a universal right and wrong in a world where children starve to death, this universal entity goes and worries about the fact that Becky stole your sandwich? Of course not.

I’m not saying this to get into a debate with anybody anything like that I’m saying this to pre-face my advice to you I think the healthiest most responsible thing for you to do you allow yourself to be angry and then move on. I’m serious that is going to be the best solution for you waiting around watching and hoping something bad happens to somebody... not only is it kind a mean spirited it’s a waste of your positive energy sitting in negativity because hoping something bad happens to someone simply because we don’t like them is a very negative thing.

Yesterday I was in a huge funk because a very similar reasons to you the unfairness and favoritism in my job really got me down and make me feel defeated yesterday and that’s OK to feel like that sometimes but you can’t let it eat you up and dictate or change who you are and what you’re about.

Be irritated give yourself a moment allow those emotions to naturally work themselves through please do not dwell on something like this it is not worth it. Sleep well at night knowing that you do your job correctly and efficiently every day.

In a nut shell what I’m saying is pull up your big girl panties and focus on you. And it’s not rude, it’s being an adult, she can have them out for all to see, she can be bragging...walk away...or report it...letting it eat at you though? No no no not a good idea...

She leaves the timesheets on the table where anyone can see them and she brags about the fact that she uses the grant money to buy personal items because “the money will go to waste if she doesn’t use it” which is untrue. It should be spent on things the students need. Not home decor or materials to build a bar by her pool. So no, it’s not just rumors. But thanks for being rude per usual.
So she just slaps her timesheets on the break room table for all to see before leaving them with the proper admin? And you're taking the liberty of phishing through them to verify her hours? She just goes out and brags vocally in the workplace about misappropriating the school's funds? You're not living in real life.

As a person who sees the world in black-and-white very much a realist I do not believe for a single second that karma exists.

I’ve said this before on this board multiple times we humans we are some self centered conceited narcissistic beings, we just are think about it to believe that our own personal moral believes dictate a universal right and wrong in a world where children starve to death this universal entity goes and worries about the fact that Becky stole your sandwich? Of course not.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this.....does karma really exist? Or does it exist only as our desire for all things to even out in the end, because when we practice a certain moral code, we want to believe others do as well?

I hate too, that j.man is correct.....how many serial killers have never been caught? Lately, I'm binge-listening to True Crime podcasts, and so many are open-ended.

I have a situation, too, where the liar/cheat/brown-noser has moved ahead, and it burns me up. I just have to stay my own course.

So, to answer your original topic question, why do they win? Because they charm those above/around them, so that even if they leave their timesheets out where others can see, those others have their own issues where they either can't, or won't, see the lies. Unfortunate truth is.....life is unfair.

So she just slaps her timesheets on the break room table for all to see before leaving them with the proper admin? And you're taking the liberty of phishing through them to verify her hours? She just goes out and brags vocally in the workplace about misappropriating the school's funds? You're not living in real life.

I never said it was the “break room table” 😂 just go away. Thanks.

I never said it was the “break room table” 😂 just go away. Thanks.
Where is she just dropping these time sheets for you to access at your leisure? Genuinely curious. Also feel free to let me know how you're verifying all these other dastardly details.

Don't know what's going on in your life, but despite the best of intentions, I don't think folks are doing you any favors feeding into these delusions.

Where is she just dropping these time sheets for you to access at your leisure? Genuinely curious. Also feel free to let me know how you're verifying all these other dastardly details.

Don't know what's going on in your life, but despite the best of intentions, I don't think folks are doing you any favors feeding into these delusions.

GO AWAY. Just stop commenting already.

Love figureitout here—and, while I know it didn't sit well with you OP, j.man too.

In terms of how you deal with this stuff you don't really get better than: accepting life is unfair, periodically acknowledging that sucks, then moving on and focusing on the parts of life that bring you joy and meaning.

Does karma exist? I'm of a few minds. But I think karma, as its come to be interpreted in the west, is often just a means of rationalizing bitterness, resentment, and rage. They'll get what's coming to them—well, maybe. But to hope that's the case is a self-serving hope, and to hold onto that hope and find comfort in it—that's just holding onto anger and using some woo-woo language to rationalize it.

What FiO and j.man are saying, to stick to the woo-woo, is essentially the foundation of Buddhism: life is unfair, life is suffering, learn to live in it. That's where peace of mind is, not in dwelling on the sort of thing you're dwelling on right now.

I’m genuinely curious as well about how you know for sure that’s she’s guilty of what you’re alleging.

I mean, with all due respect, is there concrete evidence, or is this just based on hear-say, gossip, speculation and a gut feeling? I have to ask, since I’ve seen people get thrown under the bus at work due to office gossip, jealousy, and allegations without merit.

If she is in fact doing these things, maybe karma will catch up with her, maybe not. Best thing you can do is just stay in your own lane, focus on yourself, and do what makes you happy.

Sometimes life is unfair, but the more you focus on this situation which is out of your control, the more frustrated and annoyed you will be, which is a complete waste of your energy.

Easier said than done, I know...

I realize that this post is going to make me sound like I’ve been bitten by the jealousy monster, but I promise that’s not the case. Basically, I am a teacher, a fellow teacher that I work with has a history of lying and cheating. For example, just a couple months ago when it was time for our big end of year test that counts for our evaluation, several of her students told other teachers that she cheated by telling them the answers on the test. When this information was presented to admin, they did nothing. This same teacher is the coordinator of the after school/summer program, which pays extremely well. She lies on her time sheet in order to get paid for hours she didn’t work. She even went as far as to get paid for 2 weeks that she was at the beach. She also uses the supply money from the grant to buy herself personal items. Many teachers have witnessed this. When this information was presented to admin, they did what? Nothing. She lies EVERY DAY. Now a new position has opened at my school that would be a promotion. She applied for it among many others (not me) with the same if not better credentials that she has. She gets the job. The reason I’m so upset is because another teacher, who I know personally is an honest person that is 100% there for the kids and not the pay check was overlooked. She even has a higher degree than the liar. But, the liar is friends with the principal. Why does this liar, cheater, embezzler, etc. continue to flourish and be handed promotions at work when she is not a good person and administration knows she lies and cheats? What ever happened to karma? This makes me question everything I believed to be true about life.

Why hasn't this been presented to the Board of Ed?

GO AWAY. Just stop commenting already.

May I ask why?

I think j.man's posts are quite reasonable.

No one in their right mind would openly discuss misappropriating funds, it's illegal and could get them arrested for heaven's sake.

Same with time sheets. Leaving them lying around for others to read, makes zero sense, sorry.

I work in law, and have worked in various work environments, I've witnessed a lot of shyt, but what you describe?

I'm sorry but something is not jiving.

In this instance I would surmise that the admin and principal are also dirty and she knows it. Thus they protect each other.

Simply put are you willing to get the information you know to the local paper? They love doing investigative reporting on this type of corruption. Basically Karma needs help because if good people stand idly by and do nothing evil will flourish.

There are people that complain and then there are people that try and right wrongs. Who are you?

Even if you compile the information and provide it anonymously you have done something right?

Lost

Perhaps this teacher suffers from delusions of grandeur and has gotten comfortable with bragging and gets a thrill to be noticed because she believes no one has the courage to report her. I always wonder how people can live with themselves after doing something so wrong. Sociopath, without feelings?

Archived