Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do liars and cheaters continue to flourish?

Originally Posted by jimthzz
    If the admin encourages her, then they are complicit in her schemes.

That said, don't make other teachers issues to be your issues.

Like the previous comments said, focus on your own destiny.
    Very true.

Originally Posted by Heather Dawn
    It actually sounds like your particularly school system is corrupt.
    Itís definitely possible

Originally Posted by Marshmellow12
    She leaves the timesheets on the table where anyone can see them and she brags about the fact that she uses the grant money to buy personal items because ďthe money will go to waste if she doesnít use itĒ which is untrue. It should be spent on things the students need. Not home decor or materials to build a bar by her pool. So no, itís not just rumors. But thanks for being rude per usual.
    So she just slaps her timesheets on the break room table for all to see before leaving them with the proper admin? And you're taking the liberty of phishing through them to verify her hours? She just goes out and brags vocally in the workplace about misappropriating the school's funds? You're not living in real life.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by figureitout23

As a person who sees the world in black-and-white very much a realist I do not believe for a single second that karma exists.

Iíve said this before on this board multiple times we humans we are some self centered conceited narcissistic beings, we just are think about it to believe that our own personal moral believes dictate a universal right and wrong in a world where children starve to death this universal entity goes and worries about the fact that Becky stole your sandwich? Of course not.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with this.....does karma really exist? Or does it exist only as our desire for all things to even out in the end, because when we practice a certain moral code, we want to believe others do as well?

I hate too, that j.man is correct.....how many serial killers have never been caught? Lately, I'm binge-listening to True Crime podcasts, and so many are open-ended.

I have a situation, too, where the liar/cheat/brown-noser has moved ahead, and it burns me up. I just have to stay my own course.

So, to answer your original topic question, why do they win? Because they charm those above/around them, so that even if they leave their timesheets out where others can see, those others have their own issues where they either can't, or won't, see the lies. Unfortunate truth is.....life is unfair.

Originally Posted by j.man
    So she just slaps her timesheets on the break room table for all to see before leaving them with the proper admin? And you're taking the liberty of phishing through them to verify her hours? She just goes out and brags vocally in the workplace about misappropriating the school's funds? You're not living in real life.
    I never said it was the ďbreak room tableĒ 😂 just go away. Thanks.

I never said it was the ďbreak room tableĒ 😂 just go away. Thanks.
    Where is she just dropping these time sheets for you to access at your leisure? Genuinely curious. Also feel free to let me know how you're verifying all these other dastardly details.

Don't know what's going on in your life, but despite the best of intentions, I don't think folks are doing you any favors feeding into these delusions.

Originally Posted by j.man
    Where is she just dropping these time sheets for you to access at your leisure? Genuinely curious. Also feel free to let me know how you're verifying all these other dastardly details.

Don't know what's going on in your life, but despite the best of intentions, I don't think folks are doing you any favors feeding into these delusions.
    GO AWAY. Just stop commenting already.

Love figureitout hereóand, while I know it didn't sit well with you OP, j.man too.

In terms of how you deal with this stuff you don't really get better than: accepting life is unfair, periodically acknowledging that sucks, then moving on and focusing on the parts of life that bring you joy and meaning.

Does karma exist? I'm of a few minds. But I think karma, as its come to be interpreted in the west, is often just a means of rationalizing bitterness, resentment, and rage. They'll get what's coming to themówell, maybe. But to hope that's the case is a self-serving hope, and to hold onto that hope and find comfort in itóthat's just holding onto anger and using some woo-woo language to rationalize it.

What FiO and j.man are saying, to stick to the woo-woo, is essentially the foundation of Buddhism: life is unfair, life is suffering, learn to live in it. That's where peace of mind is, not in dwelling on the sort of thing you're dwelling on right now.

Platinum Member
    Iím genuinely curious as well about how you know for sure thatís sheís guilty of what youíre alleging.

I mean, with all due respect, is there concrete evidence, or is this just based on hear-say, gossip, speculation and a gut feeling? I have to ask, since Iíve seen people get thrown under the bus at work due to office gossip, jealousy, and allegations without merit.

If she is in fact doing these things, maybe karma will catch up with her, maybe not. Best thing you can do is just stay in your own lane, focus on yourself, and do what makes you happy.

Sometimes life is unfair, but the more you focus on this situation which is out of your control, the more frustrated and annoyed you will be, which is a complete waste of your energy.

Easier said than done, I know...

Platinum Member
    I realize that this post is going to make me sound like Iíve been bitten by the jealousy monster, but I promise thatís not the case. Basically, I am a teacher, a fellow teacher that I work with has a history of lying and cheating. For example, just a couple months ago when it was time for our big end of year test that counts for our evaluation, several of her students told other teachers that she cheated by telling them the answers on the test. When this information was presented to admin, they did nothing. This same teacher is the coordinator of the after school/summer program, which pays extremely well. She lies on her time sheet in order to get paid for hours she didnít work. She even went as far as to get paid for 2 weeks that she was at the beach. She also uses the supply money from the grant to buy herself personal items. Many teachers have witnessed this. When this information was presented to admin, they did what? Nothing. She lies EVERY DAY. Now a new position has opened at my school that would be a promotion. She applied for it among many others (not me) with the same if not better credentials that she has. She gets the job. The reason Iím so upset is because another teacher, who I know personally is an honest person that is 100% there for the kids and not the pay check was overlooked. She even has a higher degree than the liar. But, the liar is friends with the principal. Why does this liar, cheater, embezzler, etc. continue to flourish and be handed promotions at work when she is not a good person and administration knows she lies and cheats? What ever happened to karma? This makes me question everything I believed to be true about life.
    Why hasn't this been presented to the Board of Ed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice