I agree with the other members and your instincts. I don't think this is appropriate behaviour.

I'm only wondering what would motivate a person to behave like this. Do you both have other underlying issues (imbalance in finances or one paying or shelling out more than the other/one person more dependent on the other)? What other social pressures are keeping both of you together? Most individuals would be able to recognize and self-correct this type of behaviour because of some conscience. He seems to have pushed through those usual limits and understandings and is going out of his way to prove to him and you that this is not what it appears to be.

If you have a history of controlling him or creating too many boundaries, he may be severely desensitized to your thoughts and emotions over time. This is no excuse to stay in an unhealthy relationship. People normally exist in unhealthy relationships because of external forces/pressures or inability to get out or they're doing it because they don't know any better (naive). I think only you know the roots of this dynamic. Whatever both of you are doing to try and correct this, it is not working.

Try getting back to yourself and asking yourself what you value in a relationship. Trust? Honesty? Kindness? Respect? Go back to the basic traits of what type of relationship you are looking for. Work outwards and go from there.