He said he liked me then acted normal?

megancontess

So there’s a guy I like in my class. We used to flirt all the time and everyone else noticed it too. We spoke on facebook for a little bit and he told me he liked me and I did say I fancy him back. It was going great for a few days still flirting.. Then all of a sudden a few days later we go back to school and he’s very different with me, much less flirting and more just friendly chat, but on facebook a few days before he was telling me he liked me and would love to take me out soon, and how he wishes he could have “cuddles” and what not. We used to flirt all the time in person but after we confessed we liked eachother it’s like nothing was even said and he’s just talking to me like i’m a friend now? I’m so confused because I thought it was going somewhere. Why would he say he liked me if he’s just going to stop flirting and act like nothing was said? I know he doesn’t have a girlfriend or anything because he told me. How can he say he likes me then act so normal?

I said yeah sure, then we were going to arrange something in the coming days. I know it’s odd but it kind of shows he had some sort of intention there so it’s weird he’s saying all that acts like nothing was even said...

If he has stopped flirting and talking to you like he respects you -- then that's a good sign. I would wait to see what happens this weekend and if he doesn't make a move i would ask HIM out. He does't have to flirt because now he knows you are interested.

He talks to me just like I’m a friend now though. He hasn’t said anything at school about the chat we had where we said we liked eachother and he hasn’t messaged me on facebook either, he messaged me something we spoke about at school but that was it. I’m just unsure if he actually does like me or if he’s just playing a game

He likes the attention. I think that if he really wanted to date you, he would have asked long ago.

Maybe he has a gf? The "cuddles" comment is strange for someone you haven't even dated. Maybe, he is only wants something physical.

He is just an immature guy. They do that. When you are school-aged, people are wishy-washy with their feelings and go from one to the next quite easily.

If you really like him, ask him when you are going to go out! Take the initiative!

Yeah, it seems he did just want something physical but i’d be fine with that too like casual dating sort of thing. Maybe he thought I wanted something seeious though

You are good with only sex?

If he really liked you, he would have followed it with action.

Don't waste more time on him. Be friendly in class but cut way back on outside communication. Start dating other boys who are clear about their interest. If you have to guess what's going on or guess what someone is feeling, chances are it's nothing.

Yeah i’m cool with just sex tbh, it’s more of a sexual attraction than anything... but I did like him though

Are you really? If you did like him, that might be a bad idea... I've never met anyone who is truly OK with "just sex." That seems to be an oxymoron.

Archived